Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze heart-rate innacurate and high after strap replacement

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

My Blaze was perfectly fine up until a few weeks ago, I must add that I've had this Fitbit for just over a year now and haven't had many problems before this. I have accidentally worn my Fitbit in the shower for the first 3 seconds then realised and taken it off and I wear it when I'm training/playing Ice hockey.

Since my replacement strap became too worn out I decided to change, the strap I put on was of a smaller size to the original however this fitted, then I noticed my Fitbit wasn't registering my heart-rate. After moving the Fitbit further up there was no change and I was thinking it might just be the strap. After changing the strap for one I knew worked fine, I did get the heart-rate back, however, my resting heart-rate now was 75 instead of the 65 it has been for over a year. And all of the readings seemed unusually high. Now the readings are ridiculously high at around 90-110 resting. I've tried changing the position of the watch on my wrist and changing straps to see if there is any changes but nothing. 

I do also get the occasional time where all the contents of my screen disappear and don't allow me to do anything after a few resets it does come back, however.

I'm wondering if this is an issue that can be fixed or if it's time to get a new one?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@JDshaw513 Welcome to the Fitbit Community.  Sorry for the delayed response.

I regret to hear that your Fitbit Blaze is not registering your heart rate correctly. Thank you for the information provided and for trying to resolve the issue before contacting us.

Your Blaze is water-resistant, which means it is rain-proof and splash-proof and can stand up to even the sweatiest workout, however we don't recommend wearing it under the shower. On this case, please your Tracker in a bowl of rice for 24 hours. Then, perform a restart by following these steps.

In addition, you can find instructions to improve your heart rate readings on this article.

If you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact us back at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes