Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze is turning off with a full battery

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Blaze is fully charged but keeps turning itself off after less than an hour. 

The only way it comes back on is if I put it on the charger. 

I have reset it multiple times and nothing seems to be working. 

I charged it fully last night and double checked it this morning. 

Today, I wore it from 630-717am when it turned off. 

Then, once home from work, I got it turned on and wore it from 447-515pm before it turned off again. 

It is very frustrating! 

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Scstaton, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having problems with your Blaze turning off like this. Thanks a lot for all that you've tried to get your tracker to work. I'd like to help you out.

I'd like to know, when your tracker turns off, if you put it to charge and it comes back on, does the battery seem to have drained or it will keep the same battery level as before turning off?

I can recommend putting your tracker to charge and once it's fully charged, take it off the charger and put it on. Sync it and use it as you would normally do. Make sure to sync it frequently after this (every one or two hours at least) so that the battery levels are recorded on the app logs and once the battery dies, let me know so that I can take a closer look and then we can move forward with other options to get you back on track.

I'll be looking forward for your reply!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

This seems like a variation of the spontaneous shutdown issue that I'm experiencing (and have seen other post about on the forums).

I've only had that happen once or twice.

Lately, it has been dying overnight -- even if I charged it just before bed.   It doesn't happen every night, or at the same time of the night when it does happen.

This morning, it went all the way through the night and rang my first alarm at 5:25.  I didn't do anything to it (not even snooze), and at 6:00 I finally got up (I had my phone alarm as well), and found the Blaze off.  It had died around 5:45.

Now, when mine shuts down, it sometimes starts back up with the first press of the power.

But, many times, it starts to start, then shuts off again before the time shows up on the display.  Then I try again. And sometimes again and again.  This morning, it only took 4 attempts.  As soon as it gets to the screen, I find that going into the stats keeps it there.  It has been live since this morning.

Putting mine in the charger has woken it up properly almost every time.  Almost.  On two occasions, it did the silly up and down routine in the charger as well, for almost a minute, before finally booting up fully.

Almost feels like a short of some kind, but it is very inconsistent, so I cannot tell.  It doesn't occur every day, but in the past 4 weeks, I have not gone two days in a row without it happening at least once.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes! Mine is doing this now as well.
I’ve done all of the troubleshooting that they recommend and nothing has worked.
I actually gave up and upgraded to the Versa.
I have to wear a fitness tracker to receive discounts on my health insurance so I had to have a reliable one.
My husband currently has my Blaze and is trying to figure out a fix. He’s a techie guy so 🤞.

Stormy Staton
Best Answer
0 Votes

>I’ve done all of the troubleshooting that they recommend and nothing has worked.

Not surprising, given my own experiences and what I see in the lists.

>I actually gave up and upgraded to the Versa.

I was tempted to do that, but I wasn't really fond of the thought of rewarding an org for failing to address things that they should be addressing.    Then I went and looked at the Versa boards and external Versa reviews and found too many unresolved issues for that product as well.
Sure, I see people who are happy, but I see too many who are not, and it's the same org that needs to provide support for those issues.

When this Blaze finally gives up the ghost, I will likely go in a different direction, even though I will miss the community that I do my weekly challenges with.    It would be one thing if these devices were $50 or $60 a pop, but they are well over $100, and should not behave (or be treated by the vendor) as disposable devices.

I wish you all the best with yours, and I hope your husband figures out something reproduceable.  I'd be willing to try something real.

Best Answer
0 Votes