Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze not charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Blaze. The set up was fine until I started charging it. The battery icon never showed on the screen. I also have a Charge and it charged using the same computer an hour before. Anyone have a problem charging the Blaze?

Moderator edit: title for clarity.

Best Answer
158 REPLIES 158
Thank you

Sent from Windows Mail
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you

Sent from Windows Mail
Best Answer
0 Votes

please help! i have got a new blaze but will not charge battery it only shows setup screen no battery..and cant set up as to low on charge...have tried everything!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@debbycm welcome to the comunity.. Place your blaze into the charger for 30-60 minutes, use your phones charger.. You will not see any indication that it is charging, there is none, try the update again. If it is still low the app will tell you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello, the same happened to me simply put your Fitbit Blaze in the cradle
and connect it to your pc, download the fitbit app to this computer and
follow the update/set up there while your Blaze is connected. Hope this
helps!
Best Answer

Well it's a bit of a "catch 22". I can't update it until the battery is charged, and the battery is not charging. When plugged into my laptop, not getting the battery icon at all. This is the second blaze I've tried today. Took the first one back after 20 minutes chatting with support when they suggested I replace it. Now this one is not charging either. Think Im gonna take it back and get something other than a fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There's nothing wrong with it. plug it in to your computer and update. then once it does it will be able to charge.if it is not plugged in while updating and has a low charge, it will not be able to finish the update. That's the answer FitBit should have given you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem.  I just bought the Blaze - when i put it for charging, i dont see the battery symbol instead I see only fitbit.com/set up? 

Best Answer
I just kept restarting the device and after about 3 times, the battery icon
finally displayed. And although I have Windows 10 I still needed a dongle
to sync up with my laptop.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jayram2627 your tracker is as expected, the battery while chargeing will not show up until after you set it up to your account? 

Go into the app and do an add device

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks a lot.  I also realised that. I simply put the Blazer to charging using my cell phone charger.  Obviously it must have been fully charged, since the moment i took it and set it up with my computer everything started working. 

Thanks again for your prompt response and support. -- Regards,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MeggieH yes to setup your tracker you need Bluetooth to talk to the tracker and an Internet connection to talk to Fitbit.com 

This can either be WiFi or cell data 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i got my fit bit blaze for christmas and it didn't come charged and im trying to go through setup and i put it on the charging dock and nothing came up no icon just says on screen fitbit.com/setup i have had it plugged in since 3pm. im so frustrated. HELP! i can't do the firmware update without charging it first.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kristen48 have you tried again to-do the firmware updare. 

See my post here

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also just received a new Blaze. I tried initially to do the set up with my app on my phone as I have done with other devices before. I was given a message that the firmware in my device needed an update. Next message stated I didn;t have enough battery life to do the update. I pulled out the charging cable and plugged it in, only to see the same setup icon. No indication it was charging. Only through internet searches did I learn they recommend charging the Blaze by plugging it into your computer or other low power device. So I did but again no indication that it was charging. I left it plugged in while I still searched for help (chat with Fitbit was available, but I was number 7 in line). Going back and forth between help topics and the dashboard on my computer to get to device settings, I noticed my battery bar was showing in the green. I had to force stop the FitBit app on my phone and start over with it. This time the update completed and I have access to the multiple screens now. Also, when I put it back in the charger, the battery indicator does show up now. I hope this helps as I know I was very frustrated myself!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

My post was mainly to help the others having the same issues I was. It would be nice if FitBit would include something in their packaging that let's people know before it is set up you will onlly see the setup icon while charging and that the preferred charging method is with a computer or a specific charging device. It would also be nice if the battery was fully charged already, but I do understand that depending on how long it is sitting on a shelf and how much it is handled, that may not always be possible. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

got my new blaze, during the setup process for the update it says need to charge battery, but the bttery is not charging  ...tried everything mentioned but it only shows fitbit.com/setup and no battery icon is comming while it is connected to the usb port in my laptop. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You need to download the fitbit app to the computer you are using, then
update/setup there.
Best Answer
0 Votes