Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze not charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Blaze. The set up was fine until I started charging it. The battery icon never showed on the screen. I also have a Charge and it charged using the same computer an hour before. Anyone have a problem charging the Blaze?

Moderator edit: title for clarity.

Best Answer
158 REPLIES 158

I have already downloaded it in my mobile but it is showing low battery before updating it

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
Itiu have to update/setup through the app in your pc not your mobile device. Your tracker needs to be connected via usb to the computer then open the app. Follow the steps there.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for this.  I was having same problem.   The device is inserted in the cradle and is closed so I assumed this would hold it in the correct position.   I opened again and pushed until I heard the click then closed the cradle lid.  This time I did see the green lines across the screen.  I think it is a very poor design as the cradle lid will close even if it is not in  the correct position and I don't think it should do this as it's too easy to not do it correctly as so many of us have had problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got a Blaze for Christmas. I can't complete setup because the charge is too low.  It won't charge.  I never get the "battery."  It just has the logo and fitbit.com/setup one the screen.  I followed the instructions for charging and even tried resetting.  Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's correct @mariebart the tracker will not show a charging icon until it is setup.. You will feel a bib ration tha tells you that it is charging. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Success!  It would be helpful to know that we won't see the "battery" before it's set up and that it may take a long time to charge the first time.  I left mine overnight and was able to set it up in the morning.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi its a really poorly designed charger.  If you put the watch bit in and you see the battery empty then it's not connected properly.   Fiddle about a bit and you should see the battery go green and start moving left to right.  Leave it a good couple of hours and when  it's  fully charged it should set up .  I was on the verge of sending mine back but pleased I persevered.  I've also posted a review on the website I got it from to alert people to this as all the other gadgets we have the family if the battery indicator lights up then it's connected and charging.  Blaze is the odd exception.  Also I do not think the case should close unless it's connected properly.   Very poor design.
Good luck!! I hope you manage to get yours working.

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. Very disappointed with this product

Best Answer
0 Votes

Most people fiind that the charge2 clicks firmly onto it's charfer, and of the three I have helped setup a 30 minute charge on a phone charger was enough to get it up and running. 

As for setting up and doing the update 6 minutes was the fastest 11 minutes was the longest. 

I'm sorry @Kmoore0863 I'm not sure which of the above problems your is about, 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Count me in the same camp. No charging screen, etc. Have it hooked up to the pc and get the same message as I do from my phone - not enough battery. The PC says battery is nearly empty and doesn't say it is charging (would it?). It doesn't vibrate when I put it in the cradle but the PC does chime when I open and close it which leads me to believe I have good contact. 

I'm just going to be patient overnight. I'm mainly posting to stay simply hooking it up to the PC doesn't mean it will update either. Perhaps that means I don't have a solid connection though. How is one to know? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do have the same problem, my fitbit blaze is not charging. I download everything was ok until I was of of charge, Went to charged and nothing happen, the red light in the battery is the same than yesterday  very low

Best Answer
0 Votes

Updating my post...  It did not charge overnight, but I used my cars USB outlet when I drove to work the next morning and got enough of a charge to do the update.  No issues since.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just received my fitbit and tried to update but it says it needs to be charged before it can update. If it can not charge in the update screen before its updated, what am i supposed to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get a resolution for your problem

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's working fine.  I just needed to charge it overnight before I could set it up. Marie Bartolotta
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you Maria did you charge it overnight with it still displaying the setup screen?

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Marie

Did you charge it overnight with the setup symbol on the display or did it show the charging symbol? (My fitbit only shows the setup screen)

Best Answer
0 Votes
The charging symbol will not show until after it's setup.  So you don't know if it's charging.
Marie Bartolotta
Best Answer

Yes there will not be a charging symbol until the unit is setup.

However there will be a slight vibration when plugging the unit into power. This vibration is telling yo that the ynit is charging. 

30 -60 minutes on the charger is more tyan enough, the other option is to set it up while the unit is still in it's charger. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I reached out, sent mine back and having the same problem with the replacement. Sounds like a major flaw

Best Answer
0 Votes