Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze not tracking bike ride

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Blaze worked great on my first bike ride with it, but since then it won't track my location. It shows HR and calories burned but nothing that should be calculated with GPS, like speed, distance, etc. Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Durring an event that is being trqcked by GPS there will be qn icon of a phone displayed on the Blaze. There will also be a streangth meter telling you how well the gps signal is, and a line through the phone if there is no gps connection.

This is where im asking to look.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

DId the Blaze show that it was connected to t ye GPS?

Do you have Fitbit Notifications running?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, notifications are on and have been coming through.

I assume that GPS is connected since in the app it says that it is syncing regularly, but I can't find a place to specifically check. But bluetooth and data are turned on for the phone, and it's working when I use a different app, but I still would like the info so show up in the Fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Durring an event that is being trqcked by GPS there will be qn icon of a phone displayed on the Blaze. There will also be a streangth meter telling you how well the gps signal is, and a line through the phone if there is no gps connection.

This is where im asking to look.

Best Answer
0 Votes

ah, i see now. it was switched to off. working now, thank you!

Best Answer

Your welcome.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Select exercise and then bike.    On the lower left there is a gear.  Select it then make sure use phone gps is turned on.  

Best Answer

That was the fix that worked for me, thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

how do find ride on blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

no bike in exercise

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go in your phone app settings, and add bike to your exercise shortcuts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let's look at the FAQ 

How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device?

Track your workouts in real time with the Exercise app to capture in-depth activity stats
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks I never knew what that gear meant. It also shows on walking running etc 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone is connected and my signal strength is outstanding, but after a minute or so of riding, my phone and Fitbit Blaze are no longer connected.  Notifications are set too.  The only thing that is different this spring vs. last fall is that I have the screen on my phone password protected.  I don't see how that would make a difference since it doesn't seem to stop my phone from communicating with other devices.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the same problem . Seemed to work fine in the fall, but then I tried using a different phone and connection is eratic. On the Iphone bluetooth setting it shows Blaze device which always connects and Blaze classic which no longer connects. On the blaze device itself the bluetooth option does not even show up in the list of setting choices. It used to show the choices of off, auto , or pair.
On the blaze display when I select bike or hike it shows a little phone symbol and one red bar – this usually means it will not connect to the phone even though it says ‘lets go’. But just sitting around it started showing 4 green bars. Even though blaze classic is not connected on the Iphone setting and no bluetooth option on the blaze setting screen.
Best Answer
0 Votes