Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze not tracking sleep or heart rate.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Blaze stopped tracking my sleep on 5/23. It's also no longer displaying the BPM. I've restarted it twice but it didn't fix anything. 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi there @RckChlkJyhwk. Good to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problem with your Blaze not tracking your sleep or your heart rate. Thanks for taking the time to restart your Blaze though!

I'd say that you not being able to see your sleep recorded is a consequence of your heart rate not being recorded as heart rate is needed to calculate your sleep stages. Now, since you're saying that you've already restarted your tracker to no avail, I'd recommend going to your settings on the Blaze directly by swiping to the last screen, then look for Heart Rate and play around with the settings by switching it to Off, then to On, then to Auto and so on for a while and see if this makes any difference. I'd like to know if you're able to see the green lights flashing on the back of the tracker.

If this doesn't work, please, let me know and I'll be happy to help you out!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I am having the same problem of no heart rate and no sleep tracking. I toggled between the auto off and on switch on the Fitbit setting for heart rate and even **ahem** it down and back on and still nothing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Tburton925! 🙂

I'm sorry you're also having problems with the same.

Now, I'd also like to know... is  the heart rate just not showing on your Blaze and app or are the green lights on the back of the tracker not flashing?

I'll be looking forward for your reply!

Best Answer

I'm having similar problems. My Blaze has only shown basic sleep data since May 30. Prior to this it showed detailed data and was pretty accurate.
I've done all the tinkering with settings, resets etc. to no avail.

It does still monitor HR though. Smiley Frustrated

Screenshot

Best Answer
0 Votes

Green lights are flashing and the heart rate shows just dashes. Updated the app too as well as slept with it on my dominate wrist since I always have it on my non-dominate hand and still nothing. I'm trying to post screenshots but it keeps giving me an error. 

I've switched the heart rate from off, on and auto several times this last week but still nothing. 

Green lights have now stopped flashing all together. I've been trying for the last hour to get them to come on and nothing is working. 

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

No HR no sleep but green lights are blinking. It tracks my steps, flights of stairs, calories, number of hours active, and distance only thing it seems not to be tracking is the heart rate and sleep 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AndyBkk, good to see you in the Forums! 🙂

Thanks a lot for trying those things. I'd like to point out some tips and if you haven't tried them, please do so in order to see if that makes any difference.

I'd recommend making sure you're on the latest version of the firmware for your Alta HR and also that the app has been updated to the latest version. Make sure you're not using the "Begin sleep now" option on the Fitbit app as doing this will make  the tracker not to record any sleep at all (it will be overridden by the app calculation). Make sure you're not wearing your Alta HR in any other accessory that is not the wristband and if you're getting the regular sleep patterns, you should see underneath the graph a message saying why it is that you were not able to receive sleep stages, so that should give you a hint of what could be going on.

Give that a try and please, let me know if you need more help with this!

@RckChlkJyhwk, I was able to see that you've already spoke with the Support Team, so if you need anything else, be sure to let me know!

@Tburton925, I have escalated your case to the Support Team, so I would expect them to get in touch with you shortly. Please just keep an eye on your inbox for more instructions.

Best Answer