Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze notitications not working with a Nokia 7 plus

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I wanted to report an issue with notifications on the Nokia 7 plus.

I had a Honor 6x which I replaced with a Nokia 7 plus. Everything worked fine on the Honor.

After installing the Fitibt app, linking my blaze and setting up notification's I could receive a test notification from the app.
After locking my phone and not really thinking about it anymore I noticed I wasn't receiving any notifications anymore.

I've tried the following:

• Reset the Notification access. Did not help
  • Removed the App, reinstalled went through the same procedure as above. Did not help
  • Removed the App, removed the BT device form the list, reinstalled went through the same procedure as above. Did not help
  • Removed the App, removed the BT device form the list, turned off the device, turned it on, reinstalled and went through the same procedure as above. Did not help
  • Removed the App, removed the BT device form the list, turned off the device, turned off the blaze, turned it on, reinstalled and turned on the blaze went through the same procedure as above. Did not help

The strange thing is the first time after installing the test nofication works fine. Normal nofication. After locking the device once, unlocking again even the test notifications don't work anymore.

I'm not a 100% sure but I thought that when the notifcation service was running it was visiable in the notification bar on my Honor 6x, I don't see such a thing on my Nokia 7 plus.

Could you please help me out? It's pretty annoying that this feature is not working anymore. Was one of the main reasons for buying it.

The Nokia 7 plus runs on Andriod 8.1 btw, didnt work on 8.0 either (updated last week).

flitjes

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

I can confirm, I have the same issue with my Blaze and my new Nokia 7 plus.

Best Answer

Did you attempt the same steps as I did? Can you confirm you've seen the notification bar on your previous phone too?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My previous phone was a Lumia 950 XL (Windows 10 Mobile OS), so I had a totally different set of problems there 😄

But for the Nokia 7 plus, I can confirm, I followed your steps, same result.

Maybe another strange thing I recognized: I constantly have a notification bar shown where it tells me when I synced the last time. This itself is not strange, but when I double-tap on the notification, The fitbit app says that I need to link my fitbit app any my tracker for "connectivitiy features".
So I assume somehow the already existing link is not recognized.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply. I too have this in my notification bar now. (Previously it didn't show).

It's also telling me to link the Blaze. I'm going to check if I can factory reset my Blaze some how. Maybe it's not able to switch to a new device somehow.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok as I looked online, it turns out you are not able to factory reset the device.

The only option was to remove the device from my account, which I did.

This led to enabling movement reminders excellently, which do get through during the day.... So it's able to send notifications!! But it's unable to forward notifications from Android!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have same issue 😬. I think i must have different watch, the fitbit blaze not working and i am very disappointed!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes

the same

Best Answer
0 Votes

Help Me urgent!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Even I facing the same issue with Nokia 7 plus which I bought recently.. getting the connectivity issues with the Bluetooth.. Not sure it's because of the Bluetooth version. Please comment if it work for any of you

Best Answer