Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze recording sleep when not sleeping

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For a few weeks I've been checking my app and noticing that I have been asleep for several hours even while exercising!  I just delete the extra sleep, which is not in stages (in fact I think it shows me as fully asleep not even with any restless or awake at all!). What's going on? I once thought it recorded it because I was at my desk working and not getting up and moving (and maybe my heart rate was low) but it definitely does it when I've even gone out for an hour walk. What gives? I assume it is a relatively recent bug since I've had this blaze for 3 years and it has worked reliably and does in every other way.

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @countdown60, good to see you around! 🙂

It's strange that your Fitbit Blaze is recording sleep when you're actually awake and even exercising. Thanks for all the details. I'd like to help you out.

My first recommendation would be to give your Blaze a quick restart. You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot.

After that, go into the Fitbit app, tap on the icon of your Fitbit Blaze to access the settings and go to the Heart Rate option. Here, if it's set to On, change it to Auto. This way, your tracker will not be recording any false heart rate when you don't have it on and altogether with restarting it, this should not continue to happen.

Hope that you find this helpful. If you need more help, feel free to let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes