Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze sleep tracker in normal mode is TOTALLY inaccurate!!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Blaze sleep tracker in normal mode is TOTALLY INACCURATE. I typically have it on sensitive mode, but last night I put it on normal mode just to see what it told me.

I was in bed last night for 7 hours and it said I was asleep for 6 hours 29 minutes. NOT!!!! I was awake most of the night. In fact I was even sat up a few times, adjusting my blankets, drinking water, etc., but it said I was asleep. The rest of the night, I tossed and turned a LOT and VERY aggressively as I normally do. There is NO WAY anyone could be considered asleep. But my Fitbit said I was. CRAZY!!! In sensitive mode my Fitbit tracks around 3.5 hours of sleep per night (often less). This seems more accurate (it may even over estimate). I even went to a sleep lab recently and was told I have extreme insomnia. I only slept 56 minutes that night.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi there @WandaWoman. Great to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

Thank you for  bringing this up. Sleep tracking, works differently for everyone depending on their habits and several other factors. That's why Fitbit has these two options for you to test them out and see which setting records your sleep more accurately. It can be that the sensitive mode doesn't work for someone who moves a lot while their sleep and the normal mode will work better for them or as in your case, it seems that the sensitive mode gives you a more accurate reading.

Thank you for participating in the Forums and anything you may need, let me know. I'll be happy to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

How close was Fitbit to the sleep lab? You don't have to answer, but there is no way i would not be in a sleep lab without my Fitbit.

If you want to, go to your sleep record on the web, hover tye pointer over the record, press the pencil and you can change the normal to sensative 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was wearing my Fitbit in sleep clinic. I slept overnight and I was atached to 20 electrodes a a number of other instruments. When the doctor talked to me in the morning, he said I have extreme insomnia and that my sleep pattern is very interrupted. I knew this as I've had this problem most of my life. The results have not come back yet but I was told that I did not sleep for very long (around an hour or so). My Fitbit was on sensitive mode and it told me I slept 56 minutes. So pretty accurate in compariison to sleep lab.

Best Answer

Dear Wanda Woman, 

i wanted to write you and tell you that I too had severe insomnia until I found the right doctor for me who helped me overcome insomnia and now I get anywhere from 7:45-

9 hours of sleep nightly.  I want to encourage you to see your physician and get the help you need to help you overcome your severe insomnia. 

Best Answer
0 Votes