Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze turned itself off during Kickboxing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I really don't know what to do with my Fitbit blaze anymore.

I'm new to Fitbit, I only got it at the end of Nov so I'm not too used to it and don't know what to do if something happens to it.

Anyway, back to the problem with my Fitbit: it turns itself off or the screen goes black and it won't turn on again unless I connect it to the charger. It happened to me 3x times already and it only happens during my kickboxing classes. 

I find it really annoying since I would like to know how many cal I burn during each class plus it gives me the steps I need to reach my 10,000step goal so I tried to reset my Fitbit and see whether it helps but unfortunately it didn't. 

Did something similar happen to anyone before? Or does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for getting back @Chocobo9! I get it now.

In your situation, please get in touch with the Support Team direclty. This shouldn't be happening and your Fitbit Blaze shouldn't be shutting off by you using it during kickboxing for no reason other than low battery.

Let me know if you need more help with this!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Good to see you around @Chocobo9!

I'm sorry you're having problems with your Blaze turning off while you're working out.

What I can recommend at the moment is to restart your tracker by pressing and holding the left and lower right buttons together for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot. After that, use it as you would normally do and keep an eye on it to see if this makes any difference with a regular usage after that.

Let me know if you need more help!

Best Answer

@FerdinandFitbit So I restarted my Fitbit before I went to my Kickboxing class on Friday and Sunday. But after one hour into the session when checked the watch it had turned off. I had to wait for a couple of minutes before I could restart it. The same thing happened on both days. 

However, the Fitbit works perfectly well when I'm on a treadmill, elliptical or doing weight training. The problem only occurs during my Kickboxing sessions.

Is there anything else I can do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Chocobo9! 🙂

I'm just curious about something... Do you start tracking your Kickboxing session on your Blaze and by "It turns off" you mean that it stops tracking your session or by that you mean that the tracker turns off completely?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FerdinandFitbit Yes I start the tracking from my blaze with the heart rate monitor turned on. I wear the blaze on my non-dominant hand. By turning off I mean it completely shuts down and won't restart until I connect it to a power supply again. It normally takes 5 sec for it to start up again after having it plugged in. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Chocobo9! I get it now.

In your situation, please get in touch with the Support Team direclty. This shouldn't be happening and your Fitbit Blaze shouldn't be shutting off by you using it during kickboxing for no reason other than low battery.

Let me know if you need more help with this!

Best Answer

@FerdinandFitbit Thanks for your help. I contacted the Support Team and they are going to replace my Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Chocobo9 and I'm happy to hear that they're replacing your tracker! 😄

Anything else you may need, let me know!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze is doing what you mentioned during kickboxing. It doesn’t turn off completely but gets paused or completes a workout while I’m still going. I’m assuming it has something to do with the side buttons getting pushed but can’t figure out how to avoid that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes