Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze wont turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just received the latest Fitbit Blaze.  Have charged it for 24+ hours (but never saw a green battery or any indication it was charging).  Have download the app onto my PC, mobile and iPad.  CANT TURN THE FRIGGEN THING ON!~... the screen wont come off fitbit.com/setup. Have held all three buttons down simultaneously, swiped the screen every which way but still no joy. Have emailed support 3 days ago and still no respons 😞

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The fact that the screen says Fitbit.com/setup is telling me that it is turned on, and needs to be connected to your Fitbit acvount.  Yes while viewing this screen you will not see any battery level icon on the Blaze, but after an hour on its charger you will be good.

Let's choose one device, say your mobile,  since there is a mention of iPad I'll assume we are referring to the iPhone.

On the iPhone app, log into your Fitbit account, then you will want to do a replace, or an add tracker.

If there currently no tracker you will see a line that says Add a tracker, orherwise go to the device management page and do an add tracker.

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-set-up-my-tracker

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

The fact that the screen says Fitbit.com/setup is telling me that it is turned on, and needs to be connected to your Fitbit acvount.  Yes while viewing this screen you will not see any battery level icon on the Blaze, but after an hour on its charger you will be good.

Let's choose one device, say your mobile,  since there is a mention of iPad I'll assume we are referring to the iPhone.

On the iPhone app, log into your Fitbit account, then you will want to do a replace, or an add tracker.

If there currently no tracker you will see a line that says Add a tracker, orherwise go to the device management page and do an add tracker.

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-set-up-my-tracker

Best Answer

I have an HTC phone ... would this apply the same as your instructions for an iPhone please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think problem is solved.... THANKYOU so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes the instructions would apply,  the page i link to has instructions for all the devices Fitbit syncs to

Best Answer
How do you Solved?
Best Answer

@jsolanoareas I'm not sure what you are trying to solve?

Setting up the Blaze or restarring the Blaze, both links are above.

Best Answer

So Please help. I have the very same problem +1 more step. I have downloaded the app on Android phone and on laptop. Synced everything. Set up account. Battery shows full in both apps and shows connected, but when I undock the Blaze from the charging cradle and put it in the watch I CAN"T GET IT TURN ON.

Also the apps then go dark saying they can no longer see it. I've pressed every button a short time and a long time. I've tried restarting it, but nothing happens. 

I've taken it out of the watch and pushed the buttons with my fingernails thinking the contacts weren't hitting. HOW DO YOU TURN THIS THING ON?

Luna

Best Answer
0 Votes

To turn the Blaze on you press any button or place it in its charger, you stated that it synced so it should be on. You could try a restart.

Best Answer

I am having a similar problem, I just got this item through Amazon, an online purchase, I am from the Caribbean.  What a nightmare, all that shows is fitbit.com/setup.  I have left the unit overnight charging based on what others have said, nothing has change on the screen, I have reset it and the fitbit symbol would come up and then revert to the same fitbit.com/setup screen.  I have tried using it through the charging casing via the laptop using Windows Vista Premium it does not recognize the device, I can hear the device connecting through the usb and the driver automatically installed the first time but when I download the exe file and install it I am only able to setup my profile but cannot see the Blaze device at all.  

What am I doing wrong or is this another defective unit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you see www.fitbit.com/setup then the Blaze is on. Your problem has to be something else @TriniJJ, is this your first Fitbit? Was it the connect software downloaded?

Your probably going to have to get the dongle, that is if Windows Vista will work. The os might be too old and unable to support the Fitbit bt drivers.

Best Answer

Did you figure this out? I am having the same exact issue here!! HELP!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to return it. It was damaged.

Sent on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note® 3
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks so much! We ended up calling customer service and they said that the screen or battery must be defective and had us return and get another one. Note to everyone...the Blaze should turn on when you take it out of the box. My defective one did not.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It should also turn on when it's plugged into its charger and powered up to charge.

Best Answer

I can't seem to get mine past the logo fitbit.com/setup screen. I've turned if off a couple of times; it's synced, charged. What am I missing here?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you successfully updated the software? Mine was like that. I didn't charge it before joining in. So, it was, like, got stuck there. Then, I signed and log in with a new name (with the thing now fully charged!), and let my phone and the watch update their software. Now, it works!

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Forums @channelli and @Natty_Natto thanks for stopping by.

I would like to know if you keep having problems with the fitbit.com/setup display? If you do, I recommend checking if your Blaze is updated by following the instructions provided in the How do I update my tracker's firmware? post. This has helped a lot of people with this inconvenience.

Let me know how it goes. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. I've updated the firmware, updated my connect software, restarted the watch.  i can see that is successfully paired with my phone and computer. I can see that it is syncing.  how do I get my blaze off the fitbit.com/setup screen?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. I've updated the firmware, updated my connect software, restarted the watch.  how do I get my blaze off the fitbit.com/setup screen?  I can see it that it has successfully paired and is syncing.  

Best Answer
0 Votes