Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit blaze not charging out of the box

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All

I just got a blaze and so started the initial setup process and it went to update the firmware however then said the battery was too low. So I placed it in the cradle and tried 2 USB ports on my PC, a USB port on my PS4 and also connected the cable to my phone charger and there is no battery icon on screen. Is there something wrong with what I am doing? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Your not doing anything wrong @warrier22, as stated in other threads until your tracker is setup and the message www.fitbit.com/setup is gone, there will not be a visable charging indicator. 

Let it charge for an hour and finish the update, the tracker is already attached to your account. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21

Your not doing anything wrong @warrier22, as stated in other threads until your tracker is setup and the message www.fitbit.com/setup is gone, there will not be a visable charging indicator. 

Let it charge for an hour and finish the update, the tracker is already attached to your account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey

Thanks for the reply just a question though that fitbit\setup does show on the screen for about 20 seconds then the screen goes blank and its been plugged into my pc for the past 20 mins. My pc is seeing it as a connected device as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well @warrier22 that might be a problem,  but i don't think i would worry about it. I thought the display should turn off in ten seconds, not tweenty. LOL

As for the PC, if you have Win10  then yes the Blaze will connect through its charging cord.

Simply install the Win 10 app, log into your Fitbiit account. Now while it is charging you may finish the setup.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah I get the feeling its not charging I tried to update it via the app on my pc and it failed to do so as the battery is too low. It does not seem to be charging at all and its now been connected to my pc for the past 30 minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As for a charging indicator, the only thing that will happen is the tracker will do a slight vibration and the display will turn on when plugging it in.

As stated above, the display will turn off and go dark shortly after plugging it in.

The fact that the pc says the Blaze is connected tells me the unit is working. Since you where told the battery is low, the tracker has been setup to your account and just needs the latest firmware installed.

As for the PC if the computer display goes dark the update may fail, try again, also some PC's when the go to sleep stop or considerably slow the charging down. Everything you posted tells me the tracker is trying to charge up.

With the failed update, did you get any error message?

I'm assuming that you used your phone to start the setup process, have you tried to continue on tye same phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah once I continue on the phone it says the blaze's battery is too low to continue and asks me to plug it in to charge it. So I connect the cradle to my PC and I can see in the devices menu that the blaze is recognised and my fit bit app on my phone is synced up to it I just cannot get it to charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How to tell if your new tracker is charging. 

When plugging in, did the tracker vibrate for a second?

Did the display turn on? In a few seconds the display is supposed to turn back off. This allows a faster charge. 

Are you charging through the phone charger or the computer?  If tye computer, make sure that the computer screen does not turn off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I plugged it in to both my PC and my Samsung usb plug charger there was no vibration from the fitbit. All that happens is that the fitbit.com\setup comes up for about 10 - 20 seconds then it goers blank. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The fact that the display turned on tells me that it is charging. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That logic makes sense however its been charging for the past 45 mins and the app on my phone says the battery is empty.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried to continue with the setup? The app only knows what tye battery level was during tye last time tye two comunicated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah I have tried to continue mate it still says that the battery is too low. I have been checking threads and this appears to have happened a lot.

Best Answer
0 Votes

And your using the phone charger?

It might be time to contact.fitbit.com 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever figure this out?  Mine is doing the same.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is also doing the same thing. No battery indicator when I plug it into the charger. Can't complete the update until it has a charged battery 😠

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here! What is going on???

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WarDuck, @-RRS-, and @Jodiann22 please read my post above or this one above. Your tracker is fine. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So what about if the computer is not reading the device? no outlet will work..

Best Answer
0 Votes

@OLDSOULL that would depend on what type of computer you have. 

Only a win 10 and MAC are able to communicate through the cable. 

As for charging, this does not depend on the tracker being detected by the OS.. It should still charge, did you a vibration in the tracker? 

Best Answer
0 Votes