Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit blaze over counting steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I bought my blaze last weekend. I've been wearing it during work and after. However I drive for a living, I have it in my non dominant wrist. As I drive around it gets confused and adds steps on and off. For instance today I logged in 13k steps.

My job does require me to get in and out of my truck a lot but I dinged 10k steps while driving.
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

A warm welcome to the Community @Dinarak. If your tracker is recording information while you are driving, you have two options to negate this information:

1. Downloading the DriveBit app from your iOS device.

2. Manually logging the activity "Drive" by doing the following from your iOS Fitbit app:

1. Tap the exercise tile. 
    2. Tap the timer in the top right corner; this will take you to the Mobile Run screen. 
    3. Tap "Log" at the top of the screen. 
    4. Log your activity. 

With both options, you will be able to negate the extra information.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

A warm welcome to the Community @Dinarak. If your tracker is recording information while you are driving, you have two options to negate this information:

1. Downloading the DriveBit app from your iOS device.

2. Manually logging the activity "Drive" by doing the following from your iOS Fitbit app:

1. Tap the exercise tile. 
    2. Tap the timer in the top right corner; this will take you to the Mobile Run screen. 
    3. Tap "Log" at the top of the screen. 
    4. Log your activity. 

With both options, you will be able to negate the extra information.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the same problem. I was sitting at my desk and would reach over for some files sitting in my chair and my Fitbit would count 10 steps. I am right handed and wear my Fitbit on my left hand. I switched the setting to dominant hand and no longer have this issue. Maybe try switching the settings on your app to dominant hand even though you have it on your non dominant hand. It won't be as sensitive.
Best Answer
I went ahead and got the drivebit ap. I will see how it works tomorrow. Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

You are welcome @Dinarak, let me know how it goes! Woman Happy It's great to see you around @MannyRomo about the extra steps you get, I recommend restarting the Blaze and as you mentioned change the dominant hand from a computer by doing the following from a computer:

1. Go to Settings

2. Go to Devices

3. Go to Dominant Hand

4. Change it to the one you prefer

5. Sync

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done exactly what you recommend but it's still off. It tracks steps while I sleep and also while I'm driving. I've adjusted them but keeps doing to many steps or back to a different number. Please advise I really want it to work

Best Answer

Sadly mine does the same thing. It’s been over counting steps when walking also. Very frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes