Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit blaze waterproof

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is my new fit bit blaze waterproof 

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

No. It's water resistant but not waterproof. More info here:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1598/

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Forums @Markymark1959 and @SteveH thanks for stopping by.

As mentioned by our friend, Fitbit Blaze is not a waterproof tracker. All Fitbit trackers are water resistant, which means they are rain proof and splash proof and can stand up to even the sweatiest workout. 

I recommend not swimming or showering with your tracker. Though a little water won't hurt the device, wearing it 24/7 does not give your skin a chance to breathe. Whenever you get your tracker wet, dry it thoroughly before putting it back on. 

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I keep seeing conflicting information on the definition of water resistant.  You suggest not wearing it while swimming, but your reason is due to skin irritation.

Rain and splash proof?  I see another entry where is says resistant to 25 feet.  Please be specific.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think that linked help file above is quite specific:

"All Fitbit trackers are water-resistant, which means they are rain-proof and splash-proof and can stand up to even the sweatiest workout. Do not swim or shower with your tracker unless noted below:

• The Fitbit Flex 2 is swim and shower proof. 
  • The Fitbit Alta is shower proof."
Best Answer

I don't swim laps- but I would love it if I could wear my fitbit at the lake- when I am watching the kids- I might go in waist deep water with them.  Or if we go to Disney- will it survive Splash Mountain and Kali River rapids rides?  Would the Blaze be able to handle that?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am really confused because your marketing for this product shows someone swimming with it on. If it wasn’t intended for swimming, then it shouldn’t be in the commercial. That is false advertising. I am a Fitbit person so I have never once thought about switching to an Apple Watch. However, I am a swimmer and I would love to have a tracker that I can wear swimming. It looks as though I may have no choice but to switch at this point. That makes me sad. 

Best Answer

I have had my Blaze for about 18 months now, I always shower with it and i go swimming with it. But that is my Blaze yours may not be so fortunate.

Best Answer

I've seen an Ionic commercial with someone swimming, but never a Blaze one?

Manual clearly states that it is water RESISTANT, not waterproof. Meaning you should get away with getting caught in a the rain with it. Where has FITBIT claimed it's waterproof to 25 feet? I've been caught cycling in the rain, but wouldn't chance showering with it every day or swimming with it on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lsletta would you have a link so we know what your refereeing to? 

Best Answer

I don't have the link but it's definitely there on Google. Type in waterproof Fit bit Blaze and it'll come up about being able to swim in it and swim up to 25ft. It says the newer inside casings are new waterproof technology. I'm going white water rafting and I wanted to know if it could hold up, but now I'm even more confused. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I googled and didn't see anything about new casings and waterproof to 25 feet. Basically, some users have claimed to swim with the Blaze and it still works. Pretty sure water damage would void the warranty though. You're pretty much on your own risking using it around a lot of water.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why don't we click on the help link found below, then type in swim.. We find this help article from Fitbit, no Google needed. 

The case of the Blaze has not changed since first released. 

Best Answer

From googling ... is Fitbit blaze waterproof

question asked ... “are all Fitbit blaze waterproof” 

answer from amazon 

Completely waterproof down to 25 feet underwater indefinitely, the Waterproofed Fitbit Blaze has been enhanced on the inside with our durable PlatinumX waterproofing process. Swim, surf and by all means sweat without any worries that your Waterproof Fitbit Blaze can keep up.

when you lookup “waterproofed blaze” I get the exact one I just purchased ... however the paperwork in my box does not say it’s waterproofed 

totally confused ?¿? 

Best Answer

That Amazon response is from Waterfi Waterproof Fitbit Blaze a third party Company in UK that waterproofs the Blaze and doesn't ship to USA. And it's also supposed to not work properly due to the waterproofing. Is that what you bought? 

Fitbit says the Blaze is water resistant but not water proof. Why even try to find something to tell you otherwise?

I've been caught biking in the rain several times and the Blaze works fine, but it's not meant to be fully submerged. You can find people on youtube who claim they swim with the Blaze, but you're pretty much on your own if you try that. Like good luck with a warranty claim if it didn't survive a swim.

Best Answer

So I wouldn’t recommend it BUT! My blaze made it through a complete wash and dry cycle. Before I made the what I thought was a tragic discovery. Needless to say it is still working great a year later. 5 stars to the durability. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I  think it is waterproof because if it’s water resistant it means the same as waterproof 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Finmonkey there is no legal definition of waterproof. simply because at some depth the seals will fail. The term is water resistant to X, where X may be meters, feet, ATM, or pressure. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_Code

Best Answer

water resistant and waterproof are the same thing? Take it for a swim and let us know how your warranty claim goes. Smiley Surprised

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes although it may survive a swim, I have gone swimmig in a pool plenty of time over the last 2 yrs with no problems, if you do get a problem, then you wouldn't be able to claim under their warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes