Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit blaze waterproof

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is my new fit bit blaze waterproof 

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

Even a watch labeled as water resistent is not waterproof. If it was waterproof there would be no reason to say water resisted to 150 feet. It could be fine in 50 feet of water. but go down to, let's say, 500 feet, I'm sure that you would be buying a new watch. 

Best Answer

No, not even close to the same meaning. I had a watch once that said "water resistant to 25 meters" , that I wore while getting my scuba certification,  initial classes were held in the deep end of a swimming pool. Twenty-five minutes in 12 feet of water and the watch was full of water when I came up. Lesson learned the hard way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im not sure what your referring to as no where close in meaning @BaldRick001 

There is no legal definition of waterproof since there is no such thing as waterproof. 

Best Answer
Someone said "waterproof and water resistant are the same thing".

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The FitBit Blaze is not waterproof but, it is water resistant.

Android and iPhone 6s. Versa, Flex 2, and Zip
Best Answer
0 Votes

@BaldRick001, technically they are not the same. Under law there is no k eagle definition of waterproof. there a waterproof rating has no meaning. 

The correct term term is water resistant to X. Where X might simply be splash proof or all the way down to a deep dive. A waterresistance of zero would mean that it could be destroyed by getting wet in any manner. tissue would have a water resistant rating of 0

Best Answer

I have to disagree the Fitbit is not waterproof for "even the sweatiest workouts". I'm on my second Fitbit and both have stopped registering heart rates when I'm sweating big time during cardio. Now the second one has stopped recording heart rate all together and now stays on all the time and does not go dormant when there is not movement.

Looks like my may need to find a different product!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You would be the only one that confused water resistance with water proof. Remember to take it off prior to showering or swimming.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry for confusion I understand the difference I stated in that reply the person said it could handle "even the sweatiest workout" that is where I said no it can't as I'm going thru my second Fitbit as I do my cardio I sweat a lot and the Fitbit can't handle it. The heart rate monitor go crazy and gets back to normal later then eventual the watch completely goes waky. After the second watch now I may be done with Fitbit products.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm wondering @llebou13 if the heart rate goes wonky because water gets inside of the unit, or simply because the sweat is causing problems with the reading of the heart rate .

Best Answer

Hey guys, I hope you are doing fine.

Regarding your inquiry about if the Blaze is waterproof, all Fitbit trackers and watches are water resistant, which means they are rain proof and splash proof and can stand up to even the sweatiest workout. Whenever you get your device wet, dry it thoroughly before putting it back on.

For more information about your water resistant device, please see the help article Can I swim or shower with my Fitbit device?.

If you need anything else, let me know. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

My almost 2 year old blaze took a short for in the river with me over the weekend and is still kicking. When I say short, I mean submerged oneo for a total of maybe 5 seconds but all still works well!

Best Answer
0 Votes

https://www.amazon.com/Waterfi-Waterproof-Fitbit-Blaze-Silver/dp/B01IIZ2AH4

This is the link that automatically shows when you google if it's waterproof.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bossyb94 wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/Waterfi-Waterproof-Fitbit-Blaze-Silver/dp/B01IIZ2AH4

This is the link that automatically shows when you google if it's waterproof.

Yes, unfortunately that does come up first and apparently people have been miss lead. Waterfi is a seperate company that sold an aftermarket altered Blaze as waterproof. Water damage warranty would be through them too. It's not Fitbits fault google lists the waterfi first. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You could also send your Blaze to WaterFi and have them alter your tracker. Note that this disabled the Altimeter.

You would need to contact them for pricing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I accidentally went snorkeling with it for 25 minutes in the ocean and I am happy to report it is continuing to work just fine. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it could easily survive splash mountain. I work at a long term care facility and leave my blaze on while I’m bathing residents so I completely submerge it in water and I haven’t had an issue. I wouldn’t recommend wearing it swimming or anything though as it would likely get ruined.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wouldn't try it. I just wore mine in the hot tub. After only a few minutes I realized it was on, and so I took it off. The next day the buttons on the side of the watch stopped working. Now it's trash. For the price the watch costs, don't mess with water!

Best Answer
0 Votes