Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit info inaccurate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi I just bought a Fitbit blaze two days ago . I have noticed it's counting steps while I'm sleeping, sitting or using my arms .  I bought the device to increase my activity and examine my personal data to help with my weight loss but feel I cannot rely on it if the results are inaccurate .  I've tried changing the device to dominant which has not helped . Any advice ? Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

A warm welcome to the Community @Lauramcd21. Keep in mind that your tracker might register some steps while you are moving your arms and that you can negate this extra information by manually logging the activity "Driving" from a computer by doing the following:

1. Go to the Activities page by clicking Log at the top of your dashboard, then click Activities. 
2. Under Log Activities, click a common activity or search for your activity in the search box. 
3. Select your activity from the search results. If the activity is not in our system, you have the option to create your own activity by clicking the Create custom activity text that will appear below the search field. 
4. Enter the duration, distance (if applicable), and start time of your activity. You have the option to manually enter the number of calories burned here if you'd like to. 
5. Click Log Activity. Your activity will now be visible and editable in the Logged Activities area. 

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Many thanks for your reply . Will the driving activity account for the steps counted that I did not take ?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Lauramcd21! When you're logging a driving activity, it will remove the steps that were tracked during that time. 

Hope this helps! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great thanks for your reply much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer