Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix for New Blaze will not Setup/Update/Charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Try this before wasting a lot of time and energy resetting or redoing anything else.

My Blaze (and the one I bought for Mrs. Sconie) would do the same thing until I managed to get them to take a charge. There is a post in here somewhere that says you need to use a lower powered charging source than a USB port on your computer. I used a portable charger powered by "AA" batteries and our Blazes have worked properly ever since. There was mention of the charger needing to have a lower amp capacity for the initial charge. The batteries were kind of run down so I figured the output capacity would be reduced.

I just did a search and found several references to the power supply issue. It doesn't seem to make any sense but it does work if you use a LOWER capacity power source for the initial charge. Who knows, it may have something to do with the state of discharge of the battery after it has been sitting on the shelf for however long.

I tried everything under the sun and could not get past the Update step. I was ready to return the Blazes and check out other brand devices. I finally came across the power supply suggestion and was able to get set up and updated with TWO separate Blaze units. This is apparently not an issue with all Fitbit units but does seem to be wide spread. It certainly was a roadblock for the TWO units I bought.

Find a phone charger you can plug the USB charger into. While your Blaze is actually charging, you can read a bunch of posts suggesting you restart and/or contact support. Once you get past the Update step you should be able to use any USB port or charger you have available.

I hope this helps others avoid all the frustration associated with a brand new toy that "Don't Work". If it does not help then you have just read yet another useless post.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

It's great to see you around @SunsetRunner. Could you please confirm that your tracker isn't paired, or updated or that is not charging by taking a look at your Fitbit app. If it is not charging, I recommend following the instructions provided in this post. If it doesn't want to get paired or updated, restart the Blaze and confirm you are doing the following from your Fitbit app to set it up:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

Once you paired the device, it will update automatically.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Alejandra,

Did you actually read my post? If you did, you should have realized that I was giving instructions for a "Fix for New BLAZE will not Setup/Update/Charge". I was not asking for advice. Once I got past the charging issue and consequent inability to update, I have had no problems with my Blaze other than a dreadfully inaccurate step count.

Best Answer

Thanks for the information @SunsetRunner, I am glad to hear that your Blaze is working properly. I know more people will find the instructions provided in your post helpful. If you need anything else, do not hesitate in posting.

Happy stepping. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes