Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix text notifications please

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Honestly, they should change the text notification so it doesn't say "2 notifications" etc.

Right now if I receive two texts from two different people, or even multple texts and you don't read right away, it will say "2 messages, Greg, Amy".  That is rather pointless since when you receive an individual text the persons' name is right there in green anyway

To compound the problem when you do not immediately check the text it just "piles up" forcing you to check your phone anyway which renders this feature utterly pointless.  For example

Greg: "I will be late"

Greg: "2 notifications"

Greg: "3 notifications"

Amy: "4 notifications, Greg, Amy"

As soon as you get the first txt you have to immediately check that txt on your phone...or the txt alert on the blaze becomes pointless and acts more like a pager from the 1980's.  What's the point of getting a text alert if you have to read it on your phone anyway?  Honestly now fitbit.  This is development 101 here and I think this is one of the only smart watches that do this and it can be fixed with a simple update.

What it should do is this, especially since it includes the date/time stamp:

Greg: "I will be late"

Greg: "I'm driving the kids to a friends house first"
Greg: "I'll be there around 3PM"

Amy: "Greg is going to be late"

Anyone else see this as a problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Notifications are so dumbed down it almost seems like an afterthought.

Threaded text conversations? Sorry. Emoji and unicode support? No. Notifications from other apps? Nope (on Android you can play with apps that add this back in).

In addition, my smartwatch receives Fitbit notifications ("Almost there, 510 steps more to hit your daily goal"), Challenges invites/updates, and messages (cheers/taunts/PMs). Example below. Why wasn't this implemented on Blaze?

IMG_2063.jpg

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ChrisAA wrote:

Anyone else see this as a problem?

Probably...but not me.

Turn notifications off. Afterall, you have your phone nearby. Can't you just look at them on the phone? Or better still, look at your phone when you finish. Nothing can't wait half an hour or so. (or are "messages" so much more important now than they were prior to text messages being invented?)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JMattL

Actually I find it incredibly useful when I'm at work.  I work in corporate IT and I receive a LOT of system generated alerts / texts so being able to just glance at my watch when in a meeting vs. pulling out my smart phone (big etiquette no-no) to see if I have a serious network outage or if it's just a server checking in I find extremely useful but the more that it does this, the less useful it becomes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Incredibily useful and a real time saver at work and home. On the weekends I work outside without phone and jump in and out of pool to stay cool, and really nice getting/answering texts from wife while she is shopping ("please go check if we need milk"). Best feature of Apple Watch in my opinion, and it works on both WiFi or when near phone (Bluetooth). Very easy to configure which apps notifications are sent to wrist vs displayed on phone. Don't knock it until you try it.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

@ChrisAA what your describing about receiving a message count is because your using the default Android Message App, and it is out of the hands of Fiybit.. This is the way the app works, change to Message Plus or Google Message and you will be good.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ChrisAA as a workaround download BitTicker Notification, this will monitor any app on the phone for pop up messages then send them on to Fitbit to be sent to the tracker. 

I have it set for fitbit, texts, email(subject and sender), swarm, foursquare, Google rewards, Facebook, google+, plus more. 

It however will not stop the 2 texts, 3 texts messages., this needs to be done by changing the messaging app 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just so you know, because I just want you to know that this is a fit bit sight. Do you mean the fit bit charge?

Best Answer
0 Votes