Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floors climbed

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I received the Blaze for my birthday 2 days ago. I've worn it ever since. The first day floors climbed was accurate. Yesterday it said I climbed 10 but I climbed zero. I've been up 30 minutes and says I've climbed 5 so far. Well again it should be zero. If it isn't accurate there how do I know it's accurate with anything else? Need answers. Went from excited about the Fitbit to disappointed. Help please.
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @IrishKitty72. Welcome to the Fitbit Community! 🙂

Your Fitbit Blaze has an altimeter sensor that can detect when you're going up or down in elevation. Your tracker registers one floor when you climb about ten feet at one time so it can be that you're not really going up the stairs but if you're walking up an elevated terrain, it will take that as floors for every 10 feet you go up.

If you still think this is inaccurate, I'd recommend restarting your tracker by pressing the left and lower right buttons for about 10-15 seconds. Your tracker will go off and come back on and you can try it out afterwards to see if this makes any difference.

Let me know if you need more help with this.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there @IrishKitty72. Welcome to the Fitbit Community! 🙂

Your Fitbit Blaze has an altimeter sensor that can detect when you're going up or down in elevation. Your tracker registers one floor when you climb about ten feet at one time so it can be that you're not really going up the stairs but if you're walking up an elevated terrain, it will take that as floors for every 10 feet you go up.

If you still think this is inaccurate, I'd recommend restarting your tracker by pressing the left and lower right buttons for about 10-15 seconds. Your tracker will go off and come back on and you can try it out afterwards to see if this makes any difference.

Let me know if you need more help with this.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Unfortunately the altimeter can easily be spoofed by things like an approaching thunderstorm. Riding in a car with only one wildfire open, that is if the ride is bumpy enough to get steps, or simply walking in front of a fan. When I enter a negative pressured room I get stairs, this is understandable since the pressure in the room is lower.

Fitbit does not use the floor count when calculating calories.

Best Answer
Thank you. I will check over the next 2 days if that is happening due to elevated terrain. If not I will reset.
Best Answer

My Blaze said I did 9 flights of stairs today.  I have done none.  Not sure why this is.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The most reasonable information I received was that a change in elevation can read as stairs climbed. When I thought about it, the only time it has shown I've climbed stairs when I haven't, has been when I was walking incline(such as a hill).
Best Answer