Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foam Glow Race

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I will be participating in my first foam glo 5k race. Will the foam damage the blaze?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hmmm, this is a very good question @cthpsc.

The Fitbit trackers are water resistant which means that you can splash them and will work fine under rainy or sweaty conditions. Now, when it comes to foam, I don't really think this will damage your tracker but Just to make sure, after the race, I'd recommend cleaning your tracker following the tips on the care and wear page. If you're still hesitant about it, I'd recommend not wearing your tracker to the race but again, I don't really think this will cause any harm.

Maybe someone that has already worn their tracker to a similar scenario can give some advice here. Anything else, I'm here to help.

Welcome to the Community! 🙂

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is what their web site described the foam as.

All products are 100% natural and non-toxic.

Not much help here, but the give an address to write to,  service@foamglow.net

Best Answer

Not sure what kind of gear you'll be wearing or if it has a secure pocket, but you can pop out the Blaze device from the wristband and it will still track your steps, etc. from a pocket. You'll have to sacrifice the HR feature or being able to look at it as you participate in your race, but it's an option if you want to track but still keep it safe. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the tips! I decided I'm going to put my tracker in the waterproof pack I'm wearing. I'll still be able to see it but will lose the HR which I'm ok with.

@FerdinandFitbit wrote:

Hmmm, this is a very good question @cthpsc.

The Fitbit trackers are water resistant which means that you can splash them and will work fine under rainy or sweaty conditions. Now, when it comes to foam, I don't really think this will damage your tracker but Just to make sure, after the race, I'd recommend cleaning your tracker following the tips on the care and wear page. If you're still hesitant about it, I'd recommend not wearing your tracker to the race but again, I don't really think this will cause any harm.

Maybe someone that has already worn their tracker to a similar scenario can give some advice here. Anything else, I'm here to help.

Welcome to the Community! 🙂

Best Answer

@COCO14 wrote:

Not sure what kind of gear you'll be wearing or if it has a secure pocket, but you can pop out the Blaze device from the wristband and it will still track your steps, etc. from a pocket. You'll have to sacrifice the HR feature or being able to look at it as you participate in your race, but it's an option if you want to track but still keep it safe. 

Appreciate the tip @COCO14!

Best Answer
0 Votes