Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS connection on Mobile phone for GPS info still not reliable

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I'm very disappointed by Fitbit product and I'm thinking to look for other manufacturer. Indeed I bought my Fitbit Blaze in April 2016. Since the beginning, I found that the Bluetooth connection for GPS is not reliable to my mobile. Most of the time, I have to try several the connection (going in Exercise menu and selecting my activity) before succeeding the connection. I don't know why it needs that on my mobile phone I activate the data connection to the network (I don't want to synchronize for data, I just want GPS connection! It is consuming my mobile battery for nothing!)...Even with the data connection activated most of the time I have to try several time and when activated during the activity the connection is lost (some times).

To make connection, I reboot my watch and my phone. Even with these operations, it is some time not working...

I have updated the watch with all the new FW released proposed by Fitbit since the beginning and up to recently I was using a SAMSUNG GALAXY S4. Now I changed to a SAMSUNG GALAXY A5 2017, and it is still not reliable!

I post already in the past on Fitbit site my concern but so far no proper solution.

Thus I'm thinking that Fitbit has no good product (reliable) for customer that are interested to use mobile phone GPS connection feature.

BR

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

It's great to see you around @Thierry92! I appreciate the time that you took to share about the experience you've had with Fitbit Blaze and using the GPS feature. 

I totally understand your point about not wanting to use data connection to the network. However, Fitbit wants to give you accurate information and for this, it needs these requirements. I would like you to make sure that you're following this procedure to properly use the Connected GPS in your Blaze

Sometimes when the GPS connection is lost, it may be due to this:  you're underground, near many tall buildings, or as a result of atmospheric effects—GPS won't work. While GPS gives you a more accurate measure of distance than step counting alone, the actual accuracy depends on both your environment and the weather. In case you're getting any error message in the app, you can try checking these solutions for these type of issues Why isn't GPS working?

Additionally, currently, Samsung Galaxy A5 isn't listed as supported so this can be why it's not always connecting to your phone. However, Fitbit is always adding new devices to the list, just keep an eye on it. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I give up and went to an other supplier that doesn't provide feature full of bugs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, 

I am currantly using a charge2 and a Blaze and i have them both contected at various times to a Samsung A5 2017 that i updated to in July and have found no real issues with setting up the Gps mode, well nothing i couldnt sort out after trolling through all my phone settings, have to admitt that did get a little frusting and i can see where your coming from with that. I did switch networks as well and that helped as my previous network was also causing some connection issues. So that may be something else to look at as hit could be a little hit an miss, I also lost GPS tracking at times on my watch/phone. That's not to say i didnt find a slow down in the bluetooth connection in the beginning. When I took a look an altered my settings  It turned out to be the sleep mode in the actual phone settings. The one that helps save your battery. If you turn it off for fitbit only, by not allowing your phone to monitor an put your fitbit app to sleep! This will help as it did me, it also helps with keeping the bluetooth connection going, as trying to resync your watch an Bluetooth all time manually will but a drain on the battery.

Just a suggestion an hope it helps. 

UK. Samsung A5 2017, Blaze, Charge 2 an before them fitbit flex and iPhone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Debshod49 have to remove some of the background apps from memory to get gps to work on my last 3 android phones. 

Best Answer
0 Votes