Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS distance is not accurate on the Fitbit Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I did try and search for something similar but couldn’t find the same issue.

It hasn’t always been like it, maybe only the past 8-10 months.. if I run 6kms, my fitbit says 6.8km, 10kms, says 11 and so on. It therefore inaccurately calcualates my splits. 

Any suggestions on rectifying this?

Love my fitbit but at my wits end! 

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @CassandraJane, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm very sorry to hear that your GPS seems not to be accurate. Thank you for the details on what is going on. I'd like to help you out.

When it comes to GPS tracking, at least 24 GPS satellites are constantly in orbit around the Earth and broadcasting data. All GPS devices, whether your phone or a Fitbit device, require a direct path to these satellites in order to receive their radio transmissions. If the signal is blocked—either because you're underground, near many tall buildings, or as a result of atmospheric effects—GPS won't work. While GPS gives you a more accurate measure of distance than step counting alone, the actual accuracy depends on both your environment and the weather.

Just to be safe, I can recommend giving your Blaze a quick restart and see if this makes any difference. You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot.

Hope this helps you and if you need anything else, I'm always around!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the explanation however I don’t like around any high buildings, nor any underground running. I’m running in the same area I always have, hands the reason I know it’s out of whack. I also run with a group and they have no issues and they all track within the same range of kilometres.

I tried the reboot about two weeks ago, but unfortunately didn’t change the outcome. Did you have any other suggestions?

Best Answer

I have the same problem... all of a sudden about 3 weeks ago, the distance and pace have been off.. I run the same route. it has been up to .25mi to 1+mi off depending on the distance I run...(e.g. I run 3.1, and the fitbit gives a 3.4mi distance, I run 7.5mi and the fitbit give 9mi);  Likewise, I'm running the same route as I have been for a year, therefore I quickly notice the difference.. I have also reboot the fitbit blaze, reboot my phone (Samsung Note5), Location is on on my phone, I do not have Power Saving on, there is enough space on the phone, the fitbit app is open, only the fitbit app open, I start the GPS at the start of the run, etc...

Please advise....

Best Answer
0 Votes