Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error "down for maintenance"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

App won't connect to server.  Says down for maintenance, but my wife's app does nor get that message

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for your reply.  Your efforts are appreciated.  After going around a bit with customer support and not arriving at what appeared to be an answer to my specific question, I decided to delete all the data from my app (I had cleared the cache.) After I restarted my phone, voila!  It works.  The watch was working with the app, but the app would not sync with the server no matter how many times I restarted them both (phone included.)  Apparently there must have been some corrupted data somewhere.

Again thanks for getting back to me

Jim

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Community @Jimorens! Thanks for the details you've mentioned. I was reviewing the forums and found out these steps shared by @SunsetRunner  that can help you fixing this inconvenience.

• Close the Fitbit app all together to get rid of the “maintenance” message. 
  • Power your phone off completely.
  • Wait 20 seconds then power your phone back up.
  • Open the Fitbit app

Also, could you let me know which app and phone are you using? 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply.  Your efforts are appreciated.  After going around a bit with customer support and not arriving at what appeared to be an answer to my specific question, I decided to delete all the data from my app (I had cleared the cache.) After I restarted my phone, voila!  It works.  The watch was working with the app, but the app would not sync with the server no matter how many times I restarted them both (phone included.)  Apparently there must have been some corrupted data somewhere.

Again thanks for getting back to me

Jim

Best Answer