Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greyed out period on sleep tracker?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My sleep tracker summary has a greyed out period and when I look at sleep details it shows 2 sleep times. One tracking sleep prior to the greyed out time and another tracking sleep after greyed out time. I don't understand why there is even a grey period. I was in bed all night but awake and restless most of the night. Here are the pictures of my sleep (and , yes, this is a typical night's sleep for me. 

IMG_0346.PNG

IMG_0347.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@WandaWoman, I believe the greyed period indicates that you were so thoroughly awake that it was not even considered a part of your sleep time (i.e. not restless or awake in the midst of sleep time) -- sorry!  It doesn't look very restful!

There is a Fitbit sleep forum.  You might find it interesting or helpful to post some of your experiences there

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Hi there @WandaWoman, is your sleep setting set to normal? Or did you change it to sensative, normal should be the normal setting for most normal people.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I, too have had this happen. It was on nights were I was awake for a long period of time. They were such bad nights that it was registered as two sleep cycles as yours was.  I found it was accurate (one night was a total of 2 1/2 hours of sleep and I felt like it!!)  Hopefully we will both sleep better......someday......

Best Answer

Hi there @deutschegirl @WandaWoman. Welcome to the Fitbit Community!

And it's exactly what @deutschegirl says... Whenever you wake up in the night or are restless for long periods of time while you sleep, that will show up as if you were not asleep and will take  back when you fall asleep again showing a gap between both logs.

Anything else you might need help with, let us know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer