Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Blaze pauses during workouts.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Have any of you encountered your Blaze pausing during your workouts? During my Muay Thai/kickboxing workout, it paused multiple times. Giving an inaccurate reading of course. I even put it in my pocket and it still paused. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
Best Answer
58 REPLIES 58

I just purchased yesterday and took it on a walk 2.5 mile walk today.  It paused at 1.20 miles and didn't notice until the end of the workout.

Best Answer
Did it praise because the button accidentally got pressed?
Best Answer

d be that you accidently touched the pause button on the screen or your uniform brushed the screen (it is fairly sensitive).  It's also possible that you bent your wrist and pushed the botom right button.  I've read several instances of people pausing their workouts by accident because their sleave brushed the screen.  it's annoying and I hope that gerts adressed. It hasn't happened to me but I never wear long sleaves during my workouts.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You're correct about the Blaze's screen being very sensitive. I had it on
my wrist and my gloves was touching the screen. Then I placed in it my
pocket and still it paused multiple times. So today, I just strung the
Blaze through the drawstring of my boardshorts and that seem worked, but no
heart rate reading during my workout. Hope Fitbit finds a solution to
this, because having it strung through the drawstring is not ideal.
Best Answer

Just turn off the quick view mode. It is under settings...

Best Answer

My quick view mode is turned off yet the Blaze still pauses. Very irritating considering it will not track the complete workout. Unfortuantely this is one of several flaws I have found the Blaze so far in the short time I have had it. 

Best Answer
what if you are wearing boxing gloves working with heavy bag? The edge of glove just covers the blaze. This is potential deal breaker and I will go back to charge hr as it wont track my main activity
Best Answer
0 Votes
Turning off the quick view mode does not keep it from pausing during my kickboxing workout. Very disappointed I can't switch to button setting rather than touch screen. Hoping they fix this problem. Soon.
Best Answer
I am returning mine! I am sooo disappointed in fitbit. The boxing glove not only paused it (despite quick view turned off) but took off the exercise mode completely. This is a horrible product and would not recommend to anyone. This is an anti-fitness watch and poor excuse of device. it makes me angry enough to never use any fitbit product again
Best Answer

I agree.  I hope they come out with a fix soon.  My kickboxing gloves and the Blaze are net getting along.  I bought the Blaze with the thought of more accurately tracking both karate and kickboxing.  Tried turning off the Quick View but also didn't have any luck.  Might try my sparing gloves as the wrist on those is not as long.  Going back to my ChargeHR for kickboxing was not in the plan.  Walking and aerobic workouts with it is great though.  I'm holding on for a fix because I like the look that much.  Best of luck to you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I switched to apple watch-- may go with tom tom or polar. I have apple watch trial now--nice looking, AND the touch screen has a "lock" function. why does fitbit seem to not get this? Apple and samsung create device that look nice, but can also be used for fitness. Fitbit had such a novel idea... but such a fatal flaw. Knowing how long it takes for updates and for Fitbit to "decide it is worth addressing", the new generation of apple waych will out.... this is why their stock plummented when they made announcement.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I keep hitting the pause button when doing burpees or pushups. I started wearing the band so the face is on the inside of my wrist and the pausing reduced but did not stop. Now i'm trying to modify my band and remove the physical buttons all together. If that works i'll keep a band for workouts and a band for normal use. I just wanted to check the forums to see if anyone else had this problem and if I was missing something obvious. I don't wear long sleeves during workouts so I don't have the touch screen issue.

Best Answer

I haven't had as much of a problem with this as others, however, I did see a suggestion on another  site that  may work as well. That person ordered a  large band for the blaze and started  wearing it  on thier upper arm during workouts.  They said it worked great.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Its most likely because when in excercise mode you can wake the screen with a simple tap rather than a double tap. Also a raise motion will wake it but that one can be turned off with the quick view setting.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I returned mine. apple watch is on sale... looking at garmin as alternate. blaze was ultimate disappointment and tainted my view of fitbit. I am no longer fitbit fan and will likely promote alternate to others. Fitbit really didnt think this through. the apple watch is not supposed to be superior in fitness tracking-but it is. (exception of battery life and cost). You can lock the screen. no wonder stock took a dive when product was announced.

Melinda Thiam
Best Answer
I agree that this has to be addressed ASAP. I live in Norway and uses a Fitbit tracker while hiking (read: using it outdoors). The climate here (and I guess a lot of other places?) demand a bit of clothing - like long sleeves... The pausing is a constant nightmare and should be fairly easy to fix in a firmware update like a setting for locking the screen. Why it hasn't been discovered before it got to market is strange if you ask me... I've ende up not using the Blaze and have returned to my trusty HR - which by the way doesn't stop registering my heart rate when sleeping either even if worn just as loose as the HR. Maybe because of the raised and changed direction of the sensor? I've only had it for 1 week and right now I feel like returning it since I just don't trust it to do it's job properly - as the HR does all the time without having to constantly check on it.
Best Answer

I dont think fitbit plans on addressing for quite awhile. Now that apple is delayed issuing watch 2, they have a niche in market and dont seem to care-i was told it just wasnt designed for boxing.
For outdoors, Garmin and Tom tom have best reviews.
Garmin has step up from surge With vivoactive HR. I dont need gos or want such large device, or would go with garmin.

Moderator edit: content

Best Answer

This happened to me multiple times on a run this evening, very concerning.  I wasn't wearing boxing gloves on my run, just a light long sleeve shirt.  The issue is definitely the touch screen as the watch works its way under the sleeve.  Some of the proposed solutions are really dissapointing - I don't want to disable quck view as isn't looking at your stats during the run the whole point?

I had 1 pause that cost me a mile of the run until I noticed, and then later the sleeve actually managed to pause and then END the run!  Had to restart the run on the fly which led to not syncing with the phone for gps data.

This, combined with the fact that you don't get voice cues, is going to make me go back to just using the app to start a run.  Really disappointing.

Can't believe they didn't catch this in testing.  Simple fix - only let the buttons pause/end, not the screen. Better yet, put in a long-press so accidental hits don't ruin the workout data.

Best Answer

Same as all the other above posters.  This is getting horribly frustrating as it usually starts pausing and sometimes ending my long runs.  Today it did it 3 times during an official half marathon I was running.  Cannot describe how disappointing that was.  I CANNOT reccomend this device to anyone at this time.  Another FitBit fail (see charge HR syncing issues).

Best Answer