Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Blaze pauses during workouts.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Have any of you encountered your Blaze pausing during your workouts? During my Muay Thai/kickboxing workout, it paused multiple times. Giving an inaccurate reading of course. I even put it in my pocket and it still paused. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
Best Answer
58 REPLIES 58
I thought it was me. This ruined a 50 mile ride today as paused and split my map and stats. A simple lock button can't be beyong fitbit addressing quickly.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Steveh2 wrote:
I thought it was me. This ruined a 50 mile ride today as paused and split my map and stats. A simple lock button can't be beyong fitbit addressing quickly.

Quickly? Its been discussed and requested ever since the Surge came out, which was over a year ago.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue is truly disappointing. I wear long sleeves and gloves on my walks here in the pacific northwest and deal with the unintended pauses 10-20 times per hour. It is flat out unacceptable and staggering that fitbit has not addressed this. Clearly they know nothing about testing hardware use cases. 

I do hope they address this, I like the other features of the Blaze. However, until they do, I cannot recommend this product to my friends. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

that does not work. I tried it an still stopped the workout half way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just an update, ran 10 miles this last weekend.  Stopped to rest for a bit 6 miles in (paused the run).  Without touching my arm on its own felt it buzz again a few minutes later and end of run.....no recovery.  If you do long distance anything do NOT buy this watch until they fix it (if they can).  Was not even wearing long sleeves.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My best suggestion would be to go to the Feature Requests search for screen lock and add your vote and comment here

Best Answer

I am having this same issue! I thought it was related to my long sleeve shirt being a little damp... when I am working out i would feel it vibrate/pause... I dont even know how many times i had to unpause it during a work out but it was annoying.

I had to tuck my shirt behind the tracker to get it to stop, however this defeats the purpose of the Heart rate monitoring...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was pausing in my long sleeve shirt and ended my workout 10 minutes before I was actually done!

Best Answer
My workouts have been pausing when I run with long sleeves. It's very frustrating that I can't accurately track when wearing long sleeves. This is supposed to be a premium tracker and it doesn't even work when I wear long sleeves. I think I'm gonna return it. I'm very disappointed
Best Answer
0 Votes

I see that at least one person has experienced spontaneous pausing in a workout.  I have just had a workout (dance fitness) not only pause...but seemingly complete "accidentally."  Hard to believe I inadvertantly hit not only the bottom/right of the screen, but also the top/right!  Luckily, I noticed the results screen, so I could restart a workout.  So it's a two-parter in my activity log.  Any advice, besides not touching the screen by accident during a workout?

LittleBirdie
Best Answer
0 Votes

I encountered the same issue. My workaround is to actually start the workout, then cover the watch with the hand wraps. I have done this about 6 times or so and it has been working most of the time. The better/logical solution would be for allowing to back out of the workout screen while it is running OR leverage the buttons to start/pause.

Best Answer
I had this issue today, sleeve would cause the workout to pause. Not good!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue mountain biking.   Seems like a software fix, if the pause required a 3 second hold it wouln't be an issue.   One tap is all it takes to ruin a work out.   Please update firmware.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This happens to me too when I'm boxing. Today it kept pausing so I had to stop what I was doing & start it again & then it stopped the workout altogether. It only recognised 18mins of my 60minute workout, really disappointing! I read on here that someone got told it wasn't designed for boxing, if that's the case then why do they give you boxing as an option on the exercises!? Thinking of going back to my charge HR as I never had a problem with that!
Sort it out Fitbit!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe we hen Fitbit tested it the unit never paused.. Did you vote for the screen lock request? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine pauses when I lift. I "solved" the problem by strapping it on the wrong way so the pause button faces away from my wrist. A bit strange to read upside down, but an ok solution for now. No problems during cardio, just weight training where wrist is bent (front squats, cleans, etc).
Best Answer
0 Votes

lost track of how often my blaze has paused while I'm out running, there must be something that can be done (firmware) to stop the screen being so sensitive. I also find that my pebble doesn't lock into the holder as well as it should (probably cause It gets removed every second day to be charged, not gett 5 days use between charging) meaning the buttons are being pressed by the holder and my pebble's screen is becoming damaged. Emailed cutomer service about this and their solution is to send me a new holder and the advice that if I'm not happy with the blaze to go buy a new fitbit, I've only had the blaze since it was launched here in the UK in march.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same problem here. Rolled my gi sleeves up but it still paused over a dozen times during an hour workout including 3 completes. Shocked. It's a major design flaw. Gonna try a bigger band (more $ I shouldn't have to spend) to see if that solves it. If not I'll have to return it as it's useless as is. The buttons are redundant anyway. You have the same functions onscreen. 😕
Best Answer
0 Votes
I returned mine and got a garmin vivoactive. It's around the same price
and doesn't have this flaw
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry I don't have an answer to your question, but I'm actually curious how you wear your fitbit during your Muay Thai workouts? I train a lot of Muay Thai/MMA and I'm really worried that if I wear mine it will get broken either from catching a punch or a misplaced kick. I don't dare wear it for any sort of ground work as it could injure my sparring partners or be easily torn off, but really want to try it out for the Muay Thai portions of my workout.

Wouldn't it be awesome if they made a neck choker strap for people like us that do a lot of contact sports? 

Best Answer
0 Votes