Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Blaze pauses during workouts.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Have any of you encountered your Blaze pausing during your workouts? During my Muay Thai/kickboxing workout, it paused multiple times. Giving an inaccurate reading of course. I even put it in my pocket and it still paused. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
Best Answer
58 REPLIES 58
I actually pop it out of the band and place it in my sports bra. Seems to work that way but I've still had it pause my workout.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've found this happening during my last couple of Bootcamps, esp during the sessions using the boxing gloves. How blimmin irritating....come on Fitbit!

Best Answer

Did you vote for the suggestion to be able to lock the buttons and screen, the link can be found on the previous page. 

Best Answer

Have done now, thanks Rich.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have as others have highlighted this problem some time ago. Today on a long bike ride it paused unknown to me mid way which means I have not only lost the data but the GPS tracking too. The reason is simply long sleeves and fitbit don't seem to be listening and should just introduce a lock option after setting up an excersise.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been enormously disappointed in the touch screen pause feature being bumped on and off.  So much that I almost gave up and tossed it for the Apple Watch. I've recently come up with an idea that seems to fix it temporarily.  Even though I think the screen/pause problem needs to be fixed via Fitbit upgrading their functions.  The wristband idea was suggested somewhere on Fitbit forums and I took it further.  Every time I used a wristband alone I still had pausing issues.  So I used tape (duct and athletic) and secured a hard plastic Tupperware type lid, one that fit over  the screen, to my wrist band by wrapping tape around it and the wristband.  Then I wear the wristband over the blaze hard plastic side touching screen.  Seems to work for now.  But it will get sweaty and gross so it's not perfect.  But at least I won't be stopping to scream at the Fitbit anymore.  I got to the point where I would t even wear it to workout. And that was the primary reason I got it.  Hope this fix help get some of you through til Fitbit gets their fix underway.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I used to wear a bodymedia band. It was worn on the upper arm right above the bicep. How about a Velcro type band and wearing it there?
Best Answer
0 Votes

With no solution in sight I searched the internet and found a device that was created and able to print with a 3D printer.  My son goes to Case Western Reserve Jniversity and was able to print me a 'cover' for the blaze screen.  I'll be testing it out today.  Here's to no workout interruptions and zero pausing.  

My my last hope. 

Too bad bad I can't post pics cause I would love to share. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here, but only when its damp!   fitbit support suggestion is that its not waterproof so can only use on a sunny day it seems grrr...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there! I have the same problem when doing kettlebell work or anything where my wrist is extended back like push ups. Did you find a band solution that helps keep the button from getting hit?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, sent it back for a refund in the end. Very disappointed 😔

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
My solution is stop buying Fitbit products, never had one last more then a month longer than the warranty so consider your Fitbit costs an annual cost if you want to stay with them

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
No, I just put it on "backwards" so the side with two buttons doesn't hit my hand when my wrist is bent. While a little hard to get on, it seemed the simplest solution. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had this problem too..during runs my running jacket sleeve would hit the screen pausing and canceling the run exercise. I fixed the problem by not letting the sleeve touch the screen, simple. Love the Blaze, great product.
Ionic, retired Blaze.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the exact same problem - Blaze pausing during kickboxing. It was such a problem I had to go back to the Charge HR during those workouts. I continued to juggle the two trackers until this past weekend when I ran a 5k and the only thing the Blaze recorded was the time. No calories, no avg pace, no distance.

Now I'm using a Samsung Gear Fit2. No issues whatsoever.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I thought my Blaze stopped recording my runs on several occasions.  I finally was looking at it and it actually did a 'reboot'.  This just started occurring the last 7 days.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all. I am guessing that most can answer this but specifically to @_jpx_ 's posts, I am looking for a good Fitbit and kickboxing is about 1/3 of my workouts. Since I don't have a Blaze (just was handed a Charge HR), I have zero experience and wonder ... under what conditions does the Blaze pause the workout when tapped? 

Specifically (I could be very wrong) there seems to be auto-detection workouts (tracked automatically) and multisport (which I think you need to start 'manually'). Is it just the latter that puts the Blaze into a 'simple tap and accidental pause'? Does this pausing issue happen in both workout modes? (again if there are two 😉 )? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Despite Fitbit being aware of this issue for some time they just seem to ignore it. Another cycle ride ruined when the Fitbit paused its self, probably because the sleeve of my jacket rubbed the screen. They need a lock option, People keep asking me about this watch but I cant recommend it because of this problem. Fitbit come on your losing sales or dont you care about your customers??

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best solution I found was to stop using Fitbit and switch to Garmin. Could not be happier with this decision.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes