Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone dealt with these spots on the charging area of the Blaze?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had this blaze for a while and have noticed spots on the charging area of the blaze (as shown in the picture on the brass(?) charging contacts) in the last few months. They've made charging pretty difficult and subsequently led to incomplete or ineffective charges. I've always been pretty good about cleaning and keeping the Blaze dry but wanted to see if anyone has dealt with this and what a possible solution was?IMG_0238 (1).jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'm not familiar with that specifically, but here are instruction for cleaning contacts,

from How do I clean my Fitbit device?

We recommend that you occasionally:

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device to ensure they stay bronze or gold in color:
    1. Use a toothbrush with rubbing alcohol. Dry with a cloth or tissue before charging.
    2. Make sure not to scrape the contacts with anything metal, since metal can damage the plating and cause corrosion.
  • Clean the pins on your charging cable:
    1. Clean the pins carefully with a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol.
    2. Make sure that no pieces of the swab are left behind.
Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

I'm not familiar with that specifically, but here are instruction for cleaning contacts,

from How do I clean my Fitbit device?

We recommend that you occasionally:

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device to ensure they stay bronze or gold in color:
    1. Use a toothbrush with rubbing alcohol. Dry with a cloth or tissue before charging.
    2. Make sure not to scrape the contacts with anything metal, since metal can damage the plating and cause corrosion.
  • Clean the pins on your charging cable:
    1. Clean the pins carefully with a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol.
    2. Make sure that no pieces of the swab are left behind.
Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer