Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate monitor and green light not working after 1 year of perfect use

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, after over a year of my FitBit Blaze working perfectly with no problems last night my blaze just shut down itself. I turned it on again and then half an hour later it died again. 

It's been working fine all day today until I realised the HR monitor hasn't been working all day. There's no green flashing light and it hasn't shown a reading all day. 

I've been reading other questions about a similar topic but none of the "fixes" seem to work for me. I have cleaned it, restarted it, shut it down, synced it about 10 times to the app but still the green light doesn't come on or display my heart rate. When cleaning it today I did notice that the HR clear square on the back seems to be a bit cloudy and I can't get it clean. I've never work it in the water. Last night I did do some exericse though and got a bit sweaty, but surely that can't be the problem with an exercise monitor. 

If there's something else I can try to do I'd love all suggestions. Such a shame because I've really enjoyed my FitBit until now. 

Thanks so much

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey there @EmmaParsons. Great to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm  very sorry to hear that the heart rate monitor on your Blaze is not working. Thanks a lot for trying out all those troubleshooting steps though.

I'd please ask you to keep an eye on your inbox for our Support Team to get in touch with you and I'm pretty sure they'll be happy to take a deeper look and see what would be the available options to get you back on track!

Anything else you may need, I'm here to help! 🙂

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hey there @EmmaParsons. Great to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm  very sorry to hear that the heart rate monitor on your Blaze is not working. Thanks a lot for trying out all those troubleshooting steps though.

I'd please ask you to keep an eye on your inbox for our Support Team to get in touch with you and I'm pretty sure they'll be happy to take a deeper look and see what would be the available options to get you back on track!

Anything else you may need, I'm here to help! 🙂

Best Answer

Hi,

i have same problem as the other person had that my HR monitor and green light is not work after 1 year of perfect use can you help me also.

Waiting for the help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My HR monitor stopped working as well.  What is the fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just restarted the device by holding down the left and bottom right buttons until the Fitbit logo appeared.  HR monitor is on again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the last 3 days I have had the same issues with the hr monitor and green lights not working. I have checked all the settings and they are all saying the monit or is on can someone please come back to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Andyg2675, welcome to the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems with your heart rate monitor not responding. Thanks for what you've tried to get it to work!

I would recommend giving your Blaze a restart. You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot.

After that, see if you are able to get the lights on the heart rate monitor to work again and let me know how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am echoing this problem. It seems to be pandemic particularly after a certain amount of time. I have tried the hard-restart as well. Please open up a support call for me also. I have emailed in my problem and awaiting a response.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I’ve also noticed that the square between my 2 lights on my Alta HR is cloudy looking too. I can’t clean it, and never been wet, other than  sweat maybe? I did a half hour aerobic class that counted for NO active points, even though I was sweating like mad! What is the square for? I’ve cleaned it, that’s all. Forgotten how to reset, etc

Best Answer
0 Votes