Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate monitor not working due to moisture and a white film under the sensor

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve been wearing my Blaze since Christmas 2017 and all of the sudden my heart rate monitor stopped working yesterday during or after my workout. I checked underneath and there was visible moisture and a white film under the clear sensor cover. First off, I’m extremely upset that this device can’t even handle a workout with sweat..after all, that’s what it’s for. Anyhow, I decide to try and dry it out by placing in rice overnight. This morning I put it on and it works for a brief few minutes before stopping again. The moisture is gone but that white film remains. Now the funny part, I go back to the app to see when it quit tracking and it seems to have been around 7pm. However it tracked briefly last night WHILE IN THE BAG OF RICE! Seriously? I’ve only had this for 5 months and am seriously disappointed. I’m apprehensive to contact customer service as I don’t want to be told it was my fault.

(This post lists me as a jogger and I’m not sure how it decided that. I don’t run, I lift weights and do other cardio)

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi there @Kerab84. Great to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with the heart rate monitor on your Blaze and thanks a lot for taking the time to put it in rice to remove the moisture.

I've gone ahead and escalated your case to the Support Team for them to take a deeper look and see what could be causing this and get you back on track. Please keep an eye on your inbox for more instructions and if you need anything else, I'm here to help!

Now, about why it says "Jogger" underneath your username, this is not because the Community makes a guess about your preferred activities  but this is your ranking within the Fitbit Community. You can read more about rankings here.

If you need anything, let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Thanks so much! Also, thanks for the jogger clarification. I thought it was assessing my activity type lol.

As for the HR, it actually started working after my post but had since stopped again. It worked for almost an hour 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back and letting me know @Kerab84 😕

Hopefully we'll have you back on track soon! Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Hi, my Fitbit blaze has started to do exactly the same thing, I have tried rice etc as well as all other troubleshooting advice. I don't wear creams or lotions etc. It got the moisture under the sensors whilst I was doing a Body Combat workout and stopped recording the heart rate about two thirds of the way in.  How can I get this rectified please. I have had my watch since Nov 17. It is a Fitbit which is meant to be for fotnesd, surely sweating should not cause it to not be working. Thanks Tamsen Lesko 

Best Answer
0 Votes