Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate monitoring switches "off" at start of workout

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I discovered a problem today after I switched my Blaze heart rate monitoring from "auto" to "on", something caused heart rate monitoring to switch to "off" when I started a work out. The reason for making this switch in the first place was that I had been having problems with the heart rate monitor stop reading in the middle of workouts and I wasn't sure if it was switching itself off or not, or whether it was having a problem reading. Therefore, I wanted to just set it to be always "on" to see if that was the problem

It had been monitoring heart rate perfectly up to the moment in which I started a workout using my watch's controls. I hadn't noticed HR monitoring had been shut off until after the workout when I was wondering why I had no HR data from the workout. Upon closer inspection of the settings of Blaze on the FitBit app on my iPhone, I saw that under the Blaze's configuration the HR monitoring had been switched to "off" somehow. As I said, when I started my workout, I did so on my watch and didn't even touch the FitBit app, so I am don't see how I could have turned HRM "off" completely by accident, so I can only assume there was a glitch or a bug. There was HR data record right up to the moment that I started the workout. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@hinder90  I have no idea if this is the same issue but I noticed the other day - my heart rate tracking just stops in the middle of a workout for no reason.  I will be huffing and puffing and check my heart rate and it just has 2 dashes and no rate.  It's fine before the workout, fine after the workouts over but skips quite a few times, especially if I'm working up a sweat.

I have tried moving the placement of the tracker on my arm numerous times, tried increasing and decreasing the tightness and no luck at all. Incredibly frustrating when you are tracking to get an accurate calorie burn and after a HIIT workout, see no heart rate showing or an incredibly, inaccurate low rate, like 88, 90 bpm.

Wonder how many others have this issue as well?

Best Answer
0 Votes