Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate not recording and calories data incorrect

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi 

I have had my Fitbit Blaze for less than a year and was bought for me as a gift. Have had no problems with it until recently i have noticed that it is not recording my heart rate which reflects on my calorie data and my exercise activity too.  This has been happening for a few weeks. I have looked at the forum and carried out the checks which others said could help i.e checking that heart rate is on 'auto' or 'on'. 

I have set it on both and has not made a difference 

Am I missing anything else to do? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey there @SweetladyG! Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums 🙂

As you mention, the heart rate is closely related to the calories you see burned on your dashboard. For this reason, it was a great call to change the settings to On or Auto but it's strange that it's not helping.

I'd like to know if the green lights are flashing on the back of your tracker. Also, are you not seeing any heart rate information on your dashboard at all? If the answer to the two previous questions is No, try restarting it a few times and see if you can get them to flash again. You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot.

If none of that works, you can proceed to set up your tracker as a new device. For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem. See if after this there's any improvement or not.

Let me know if you need more help with this!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hey there @SweetladyG! Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums 🙂

As you mention, the heart rate is closely related to the calories you see burned on your dashboard. For this reason, it was a great call to change the settings to On or Auto but it's strange that it's not helping.

I'd like to know if the green lights are flashing on the back of your tracker. Also, are you not seeing any heart rate information on your dashboard at all? If the answer to the two previous questions is No, try restarting it a few times and see if you can get them to flash again. You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot.

If none of that works, you can proceed to set up your tracker as a new device. For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem. See if after this there's any improvement or not.

Let me know if you need more help with this!

Best Answer

Ha ha Ferdinand!! I think you have cracked it!!!

So i have rebooted with left and lower right button and the heart rate is back!!!

Thank you FerdinandFitbit

I will get in contact if any further problems 

Best Answer

Yay!!!! Robot Very Happy We both made it! haha

I'm really happy to hear that this helped and that the heart rate is now showing up!

Anything else you may need, I'm always around. Happy stepping! 😄

Best Answer