Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate only working on "On" setting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I have just spoken to the troubleshooting team as my Blaze hasn't been tracking my sleep for nearly 3 weeks (this is a replacement tracker which I have had about 6 weeks).

I have previously tried a few things I have read on these forums before contacting Fitbit directly. The lady had me setting up the device as new, turning the heart rate off and on and then to auto and I found that the tracker only works correctly when the heart rate is set to on rather than auto. I never had this issue with my previous tracker and found it odd for her to say for me to keep it on this setting.

Surely this means the tracker is failing in a way? Any advice would be appreciated and the help I got was good but I'm just puzzled a bit still.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

It's great to welcome you @Tonie_jay and thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself.

I would like to know what troubleshoot have you saw in the Forums? In the meantime, you can take a look at this post, where you will be able to see some things that might be affecting the HR reading and some tips to improve it.

Hope to hear from you soon. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
I have reset the device, I have also removed and readded the device and I have also changed the setting on the pc from sensitive to normal.

Kind regards,
Emma Agar
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @Tonie_jay! Thanks for the troubleshoot that you've performed. It should work even when it's not in on mode. Is it still not working when it's in auto mode? Are you still in contact with Customer Support? 

Keep me posted! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Heart rate works intermittently when it is in auto mode and only works correctly in on mode.
I haven't got back in touch with fitbit but will do after the holidays as I am unhappy with the battery life due to having the heart rate in on mode. It is only lasting 2 days before it needs charging.
Best Answer