Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate very inaccurate during exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Blaze works ok for steps and resting HR.  Very inaccurate HR during exercise...actually useless. This is advertised as a fitness product.   Fitbit should make this HR problem clear to consumers before selling this product.    Wish I could return for refund.

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

What kind of exercise are you doing and how tight are you wearing your Blaze?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Recumbent bike and ice hockey.  This HR is inaccurate for both.   It is not too tight on the wrist...I could try it one notch tighter for exercise only, but it would be uncomfortable to wear all day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RRS123 wrote:

Recumbent bike and ice hockey.  This HR is inaccurate for both.   It is not too tight on the wrist...I could try it one notch tighter for exercise only, but it would be uncomfortable to wear all day.

Agreed; I wear mine on the 5th notch for day-to-day use, and on the 4th notch for exercise; it makes a HUGE difference.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it a few finger width a away from the wrist joint as suggested in the Blaze 101 guide, found under help in the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will try that ....thanks for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RRS123 wrote:

I will try that ....thanks for your help.

No problem.  Other folks have had to play with the location on the wrist for the tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So, I did an indoor workout tonight. I have done the update and I got a new metal Milanese loop band. I decided to try that band since the rubber one has gaps for my small wrists and my leather one is too loose how I wear it and probably should not be used for this activity anyways. The magnetic band was nice since I could custom size it with the magnet and it stayed put in the right spot to make sure I was far enough down my wrist so that my wrist bone was not getting in the way. I wore a chest strap as well. It worked pretty well. The Fitbit sometimes took a few extra second to adjust to a change but In the end the difference in average heart rate was 1 beat and they both agreed on my Max heart rate.

We will see as I do more workouts how it goes but was a good first test.
Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @RRS123@mcrmama it's great to see you around and @Rich_Laue@shipo thanks for stopping by and the recommendations. Woman Very Happy Heart rate reading varies depending on several factors like movement, temperature, humidity, stress level, physical body position, caffeine intake, and medication. If you haven't already done so, please review our information and tips for heart rate accuracy at http://fitbit.link/qrewtReview the information on optimal wear closely and make sure you follow the recommendations.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes