Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here is how I fixed inaccurate step counting!!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hopefully it'll help others having the same problem. 

Mine was off by about 2 miles. First thing is that you need to enter your stride lenght under settings.

Here is the guide I used to measure mine, first one :

https://www.walkingwithattitude.com/articles/features/how-to-measure-stride-or-step-length-for-your-...

Secondly, if you're using it on your non dominant hand, switch it to dominant under settings. That'll lower the sensitivity. No more inaccurate steps when I scratch my .. head Man Indifferent

Now blaze is right on the dot. I walk 4 miles everyday, to work to gym to home. It counts as it should, perfectly. 

Hope it helps... 

Best Answer
83 REPLIES 83

@Bobbi514 i just got a charge 2 and the same thing is happening to me. I talked to Fitbit about it and I am returning it to the 3rd party I purchased it from last week. Will try the Fitbit Inspire HR and see if that will work right. UGH. 

It actually counted like 12,000 steps overnight while I slept. So it recorded NO sleep data.

Best Answer

Celarmun, There's reports you've been seen sleep walking during the night - 12,000 steps whilst asleep, now that is an issue !!! I've checked mine before I get out of bed, & it's usually zero since midnight, even if I've been up to go to the bathroom. I thought my issue was bad, but yours takes the cake. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
HAHAHA! I'm connected to a medical device at night. Had I really woken up
and walked around the room, the machine would have gone with me and made a
big mess! The thought is hilarious, though. It's an issue with the charge 2
HR so I had it returned and a refund issued. Investing in the Fitbit
Inspire so let's see how that goes.
Best Answer

thanks for the tip. Your link tho? Only leads to adds. Might be because I’m on my phone searching? 

Best Answer
0 Votes