Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I see average heart rate instead of resting heart rate?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Let me start by saying that recently I have had medical issues which have caused my heart rates to spike to crazy levels.

Whenever I go on the app or on the device itself it will say my resting heart rate is 76bpm or some shenanigans that makes it look average. However, when I actually click on the details of the day it will show that my heart rate was actually between 125-135 for 12 hours straight.

With that being said:

1) If my heart actually is never resting, why is advertising what an "ideal" heart rate would be for me if my heart rate actually has never provided resting status for this to be determined?

2) Is there a way I can instead have the app/tile show me what my average heart rate truly is for any given time period?

It seems that the only way for me to truly get accurate data would be if I clicked on a given day and looked at the trend myself, and even so the graph they provide lacks any and all functionality to zoom into specific times of day. In general, the device itself promotes information that is not accurate, necessary, or relevant - and I can't figure out what to do to make my device useful in terms of heart rate tracking.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

On several of the clock faces, there is an option to see your heart rate  and by Taping it, it is possible to switch between current and resting.

Now when it comes to resting, this refers to you. See the help doc at http://help.fitbit.com/?q=heartrate

Best Answer

Example

Let me use this image as an example since for some reason I can't upload my own -

Imagine my screen:

On the left side: It shows resting heart rate of 76. The graph itself shows the line constantly trending between 120-130 bpm. It shows 0 minutes in cardio which is accurate because I can't exercise, however it will say that because of my heart rate I am in a fat burning zone for 12 hours.

On the right side: it will give me a day by day view of my resting heart rate which will range from 70-80, however in each and every day there is never a single instance in which I ever was below 120bpm.... so my resting heart rates actually make no sense and have no data to defend it. However they determined mine was obviously wrong, and whenever I look to track my daily heart rates, it advertises that my resting heart rate is normal - which could not be more false.

Best Answer

I agree! Knowing my average heart rate for each day is much more useful to me than my resting heart rate!! Did you ever find a workaround for this? 

Best Answer