Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I activate notifications when the phone is on silent?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently (today) purchased a Blaze, as an attempted pebble replacement. It would appear that when I place my phone (LG G6) in silent mode by using the volume button, this prevents notifications from appearing on the Blaze.

Now a bit of googling suggests there is some confusion between Do Not Disturb and silent, but I am very definitely not using the DND setting. Having used a smartwatch as a way of discreetly checking if a phone needs to be looked at, I would like to avoid having two vibrations when would suffice.

How do I activate notifications when the phone is on silent? This was achieved with my G6 and a pebble time, and I believe Fitbit now own all that IP, so surely it is not beyond the wit of man?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

It's great to welcome you @RobinSure.

If you want to receive notifications while your phone is on silent mode, you just need to make that this option is on on your tracker by swiping down and turn on notifications our you can also hold the top right button and will get you to the same screen.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I am having the same issue with my Charge2 HR. I've got the notifications turned "on" on my watch and on my phone. When my phone is on silent I still don't get notifications. Any tips for the Charge? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes