Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I restore my Blaze to factory settings to give it to a friend?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I restore my Blaze to factory settings and erase all my data so I can give it to a friend?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Tdavies09, welcome to the Community Forums. 

To edit your husband's profile, follow the steps provided in the article: How do I manage my Fitbit profile? 

For more information about giving your Fitbit device to someone else or receiving a previously used device as a gift, see our blog post, Giving or Receiving a Used Fitbit Device? These Simple Steps Will Help You Both Start Fresh.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions present. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

There isn't a factory reset for the Blaze but this shouldn't be a problem. All of your data is held on the fitbit servers rather than the fitbit itself. The Blaze will just have the tracking data since the last sync.

When your friend creates a fitbit account and adds your Blaze as though it was a brand new tracker, it will delete any remaining tracking data and reassign it from your account to theirs. They won't have access to any of your data.

Best Answer

I gave my Fitbit Blaze to my husband but my data and joining date appears on his Fitbit app.  We have just created a Fitbit account for him. How can we get rid of my info on his account?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Tdavies09, welcome to the Community Forums. 

To edit your husband's profile, follow the steps provided in the article: How do I manage my Fitbit profile? 

For more information about giving your Fitbit device to someone else or receiving a previously used device as a gift, see our blog post, Giving or Receiving a Used Fitbit Device? These Simple Steps Will Help You Both Start Fresh.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions present. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes