Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Blaze determine number of floors I went up?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was in a all day online class while working from home, so instead of just sitting and listening/watching all day from the laptop, I decided to stand, which after an hour or so, the heartrate/calories burned barely budged from resting rate.  So I decided to put the laptop on top of a 1/2 floor high stairs and walk up and back down.  I did this for around an hour and went to check the number of floors I went up.  The tracker determined I did pretty much zero floors.  I read that it takes 10 ft of elevation for the tracker to log it as 1 floor.  Does the tracker accumulate total vertical feet that I walked up?  Or do I have to walk up 10 continuous ft before it registers as going up 1 floor?  I would assume it would accumulate the total vertical elevation walked, but it doesn't seem so.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

To get a floor tracked you need to gain 10 feet in height while walking and in one go. If you pause at all during the 10 foot rise in height then that floor is cancelled. Also, if the fitbit doesn't sense you walking throughout the climb then the floor does not count (this prevents floors being tracked in an elevator).

If you climb 30 feet in one go then you'll get 3 floors tracked but, as you've found, climbing 5 feet at a time leads to no floors being tracked.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

To get a floor tracked you need to gain 10 feet in height while walking and in one go. If you pause at all during the 10 foot rise in height then that floor is cancelled. Also, if the fitbit doesn't sense you walking throughout the climb then the floor does not count (this prevents floors being tracked in an elevator).

If you climb 30 feet in one go then you'll get 3 floors tracked but, as you've found, climbing 5 feet at a time leads to no floors being tracked.

Best Answer

I should have known that before partaking that activity.  Not that big a deal, its a one time thing.  Maybe if I do that next time, I will just do that arm stretch from downward to skyward at the bottom/top of the stairs

Best Answer
0 Votes