Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should I log exercise bike on blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi
I want to record my daily20k on my exercise bike on blaze but I'm not sure whether to log it as bike or as elliptical, what do you think would be the best way to record this. I also wear fitbit round my ankle in my sock so that it records as steps, so I need to do this? Any advice appreciated, thanks
Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hi @Veaneta

Have moved this thread from the Flex to the Blaze section to increase the chance of getting a solution.

Your post will get more attention here.

-

Would record it as bike, biking can be set as a exercise option on the Blaze on the 'edit devices' settings page. After sync'ing the exercise appears on the Blaze to choose from.

https://www.fitbit.com/settings/device/tracker

When wearing around the ankle (to get steps), make sure to turn heart rate to off which can be done on the Blaze itself in the settings. Otherwise it leads to high false heart rate readings.

If wanting to get more credit for the exercise (wearing on the wrist) will increase accuracy for calories burned as heart rate is taken into account which is sacrificed when wearing on the ankle.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Veaneta what do you want to record - steps, HR/calories, or time? What is most important? If steps are more important because you are in a challenge, then do not enter bike mode on Blaze, and wear on ankle or in pocket. If you want to see it as an activity, you could manually log it. 

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi' thanks for your replies. I haven't really thought about what I wanted to record so I suppose I really need to decide that! However I were to manually log the activity what should I log it as bike( blaze thinks this is outdoor riding) or as elliptical or even treadmill which of those would be most accurate? Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

If i was going to log a bike ride i would use the bike mode with the connected GPS right from the Blaze. I like the Blaze because i don't need to depends n the auto detect of my exercose. 

Now if i was going to log a stationary bike i would either use bike mode with GPS to med off or. He spinning mode, again this would be done on the tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Veaneta. @SunsetRunner, @bbarrera and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by! Woman Very Happy For me, the best way to log your cycling information is by using this exercise directly from your Blaze. If you don't have it you can add it by doing the following from a computer:

1. Go to Settings

2. Go to Devices

3. Go to Exercise Shortcuts

4. Click Edit

5. Select the ones you prefer

6. Save

7. Sync

Keep in mind that you can always use the SmartTrack feature too.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Does this work for stationary bikes?

Best Answer

@reneehamel wrote:

Does this work for stationary bikes?

@reneehamel use Spinning mode, you will have to add to the list on your Blaze as documented in the post above yours

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

It's great to welcome you @reneehamel and @bbarrera thanks for stopping by.

As mentioned, for this exercise, you can use the spinning option. If you don't have in your tracker this option, you can add it by following the steps provided in my previous post.

I hope this helps, see you around. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

So if I use  the spinning mode for stationary bike then does it calculate like steps?  Just wondering.

Best Answer
0 Votes

In stationary mode. GPS is turned off, therefore Fitbit has no way to measure distance. While on a bike, stationary are moving. the user is not taking steps. therefore steps will not be calculated. 

There may be a few "steps" registered but these are from vibrations or bumps in the road .

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't used spinning mode, but from knowing somewhat how the Blaze works, my guess is once you start spinning mode, the Blaze tracks time, calories, and heart rate for the workout. The Blaze has no idea what your legs are actually doing since it's arm motion based. Heart rate would be key here. JMO

Best Answer

Do I need to wear it in the wrist as normal or in my ankle to track the static bike?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can keep it on your wrist. It's mainly just tracking your heart rate in spinning mode. Putting it on your leg would just give you unearned steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Mark

thanks for the reply.

I have tried the spinning mode on Fitbit watch during the exercise bike but the calories results wasn’t accurate apart from the heart rate and the time. So basically there is no option 

Best Answer
0 Votes