Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete the information on my Blaze?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,
I need to factory reset my Fitbit blaze to return it. I'm a vet tech so not having a seconds hand makes this thing pretty useless to me. It's much too bulky to wear a regular watch with it. Any help would be appreciated!

Moderator edit: updated title for clarity. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Ypir account is not on the watch, ypir account is on Fitbit, use thr menu option to clear any text notifacations, and remove the watch from your account. Now the watch is unusable for collecting data, and any steps you see on the Blaze, they can only be accessed by the Fitbit server durinhg a sync. The Blaze would have to be setup first and thst will reset all the settings.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36
Press the left hand and bottom right buttons together until the logo appears, about 10 secs.
Best Answer
That only does a restart. Just sync your Blaze one last time. No info is stored on the Blaze once it is synced.
Best Answer

I feel the same way.  I just want to make sure all of my data is off.  There must be a way to make it erase like new!

Best Answer

Hello @britt12345 and @mindyfaith16 welcome to the Fitbit Community! it's great to have you here. 🙂 @SunsetRunner thanks for sharing the restart process. 🙂 @Rich_Laue thanks for your amazing cooperation, it's great to have you around. @mindyfaith16 if you want to start from zero you can contact customer support and delete your account, as mentioned by @Rich_Laue one the information is synced to your account it is no longer stored in the Blaze. 

I'll be around if you have any question! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
Feel free to add your vote / comment to @staceyfaupel 's suggestion on the Feature Requests subforum:

The more votes increases the chance of the developers integrate the functionality.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The only data that is on your Blaze are the steps you took, and if the Blaze was successfully synced it vould only be synced to youf account. That is if you haven't removed it yet. If you did remove it, then the Blaze is unusable untill it is setup to an account 

Best Answer

I am also in the process of returning my Blaze and everyone is saying that no information is stored on except steps, etc but that is not true.

The device has text, call notification and calendar info, names personal info are all on the device.  Sure I can manually click clear all but I am a little surprised there is no way to wipe the device prior to returning it.

Technically that information is suppose to clear on it's own but mine does not, it continually accumulates and just deletes that last one as new ones arrive so I have a lot visible (I actually like this).

Best Answer
How do I take my account off of the blaze. I need to exchange it and I don't want to leave my account on it. I have tried to remove the account but when you turn the blaze back on everything was still there it just didn't sync to my phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ypir account is not on the watch, ypir account is on Fitbit, use thr menu option to clear any text notifacations, and remove the watch from your account. Now the watch is unusable for collecting data, and any steps you see on the Blaze, they can only be accessed by the Fitbit server durinhg a sync. The Blaze would have to be setup first and thst will reset all the settings.
Best Answer

@MissDestructive welcome to the Fitbit Community! 🙂 Hi @Rich_Laue, @SunsetRunner, and @SunsetRunner it's great to have you here. 🙂 as @Rich_Laue mentioned the information your Fitbit tracks is stored on the Fitbit servers after syncing, and the notifications stored on the device can be deleted using the clear all option on the tracker's display. By doing this your tracker is no longer associated with your account or information. 

Thanks for stopping by! 🙂 

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am trying to remove my texts/calls, etc., from my Blaze. I have synced it to my account. I cannot find how to clear data with a tracking onscreen option. Texts sent to my phone are still showing up on the Blaze even though I've removed (after syncing) it from my account. HELP!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mainegirl333, you might have removed the tracker from your account, but did you remove it from your phone?
Go to your phones BT and unpair Blaze and Blaze Classic

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for responding. First I synced it just before removing it. Then I removed it from my account and removed the Bluetooth pairing from my phone and iPad. Yet, still when I scroll up on the blaze I can see my texts. I finally figured out that if I kept scrolling thru all my texts and notifications eventually there comes a clear all which I did. That solved the issue. Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPad; typos are to be expected.
Best Answer

hi. I need to know how to restart my fitbit blaze, becuase when i downloaded the app and got everything started on on, i notice that the blaze had alreadytold me that i burned 2,000 calories and walked 2,000 Steps.

what should i do i need help? i need to just know how to restart so all the right info is on it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @danielle2016

To restart the tracker, feel free to check out the Fitbit Article:

URL: Click / Tap to open the Fitbit Help Article 'How do I restart the tracker?'

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Mainegirl333@danielle2016@Rich_Laue and @SunsetRunner it's great to have you here! 🙂 @Mainegirl333 I'm glad to hear you where able to delete the notifications on your Blaze:) @danielle2016 the restart will not delete the steps on your account. If you want to start fresh you can delete your account by reaching out to customer support. Regarding calories on your account you can read more about BMR on this post.

I'll be around if you have any questions! 🙂 

Best Answer
You guys are always the best! 😄
Best Answer
I've read several post that the Blaze battery should last 5 days. Mine does not. It only last 1 1/2 days. What to do?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Mainegirl333 and @Dianew53 it's great to have you here! 🙂 @Dianew53 the battery life of your tracker depends on your interaction with it.  I would like to share some Tips to maximize the battery life of your Blaze try them and let me know how it goes! 

Thanks for stopping by! 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes