Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to factory reset my Blaze?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I received my Blaze today, tried changing clock face option and after sync not able to see clock face at all. Not sure what to do (tried restarting but did not help)!!. Is there an option to factory reset or any other way to see clock face?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
45 REPLIES 45

My FitBit Blaze had text messages stored on it.  Mine is no longer connected to my account or any device but you need only push the left button and swipe your finger to read text messages.  No passwords, no protection, just push the button and read texts.  No new text messages are received on the Blaze, but the old ones live on.  The FitBit Blaze has the capability to store detailed data for a week and other data for 30 days so unless you want to wait for the data to cycle off, resetting it is a must, especially if you are needing to return it.

In regards to data protection, one should always err on the side of caution.

Best Answer

Have you thought about scrolling to the bottom of the list and pressing Clear All? This will delete all the notifacations. The only thing left on the Blaze is the height, weight, age, gender, and stride settings, all of which inaccessible or write only for the user.. These will be overwritten when or if the Blaze is connected to another account. 

As for steps? Why care, the Blaze only shows the current day, and when setting it up to a different account, the history gets deleated and is not looked at slurring the fitbit process. 

Since you say that the Blaze is no longer connected to your account, any history on it is not associated with any fitbit user. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep.  I even thought about contacting the fine people who make and distribute the FitBit Blaze, a company called FitBit.  No such luck.  Never said I cared about steps.  Perhaps you scrolled too far to the bottom of the page and read someone else's comments?  It was a rhetorical question so please don't spend too much time thinking of a response.  My issue was resolved with a degausser. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually i spent no time whatsoever thinking of a response. Yes, i scrolled to the bottom of the list, only read one comment, that was your comment. Since i understand how fitbit works, i know that your con earn is a mute point. 

Just pointing out that once the Clear All command is used there is no data left on the Blaze to worry about, or settings.. The only way to access these are by first syncing to the fitbit account that the Blaze is connected to. since you have removed the blaze from your account this now is an impossiblity. It will first need to be setup and this will result in any data or settings currently on the Blaze being cleared or reset to the new account settings. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If the FitBit was fully functional in the first place, that might have been an option.  But since it was not, it was being sent back.  Thus, the wiping of data and talking to FitBit was necessary.  And since others have also mentioned issues with the buttons not working, screen glitches, etc. it does not appear to be an isolated issue.  Therefore, I mentioned on these forums that the FitBit did in fact store text messages, calendar events, and missed calls (no mention of steps there) so be wary of this.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Amarand @ITprofessional Notifications are not saved, they're automatically deleted from the Blaze after 24 hours. They can also be deleted after a shut down or by manually clearing them. If you're concerned about privacy, I would suggest turning off the notification feature and clear any current notifications on your Blaze.

Check out our privacy page for any other privacy concerns.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
The API pulls the data from your fitbit account, not the blaze.
Best Answer
0 Votes

So you are saying it is impossible to create an app that pulls data from one device, let's just get silly and call that device a FitBit Blaze, into another device, let's get silly again and call this device a Raspberry Pi?

Put in your perspective, you are saying it is impossible to stream data from the FitBit to your Samsung Galaxy?  How do you think the data gets from the FitBit to your account?  If you are going to parse the data between devices, using the API helps in identifying information.  It also helps if you have access to LabView.

There is software already out there that gives hackers access to your data while you're jogging.  They just need to be in range.  I'm just trying to determine where my data is and how long it stays there.

I completely understand you totally love FitBit and don't want people pointing out the bad things about it, but you also have to be realistic.  I myself have used FitBit almost since they came out but I'm not going to bury my head in the sand about cyber security.  I'm just trying to determine where my data is and how long it stays there.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I find it hard to believe anyone is getting real answers. I have purchased over 15 Fitbit blazes on eBay and Craigslist to give to family memebers. Never resold any of them, just made more sense to pay less then half price if I was going to try and get my whole family and some friends on the Fitbit train at my expense.
After dealing with so many used blaze fitbits, I can see a hard reset it a must. I even had one for a few weeks that I never synced until giving it to my father and when I set it up for him it showed he earned 200 flights of stairs and quite a few other badges. I've seen this on almost all the used fitbits where alarms, notifications, and history was still in the memory and got added to new account 😕
And of course the worst of it a lot of them had the screen stay on problem that would drain then dead in a day with no fix, trying to shutdown, turn on and off quickview.
They must provide a hard reset and then it can redone load current update. Or I'm guessing from what I've seen quite a few of these things will not get a fix when they have issues. Just the same time. Around of try turning it off and on or take it back 😕
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue Xtremeview's post above appears to conflict with what you've been saying. Do you have experience with used Fitbits?

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to call them to reset my statistics back in April.

Tara
Best Answer
0 Votes
All fit it's haveonly a 30 day memory so if the fitbit had been sitting several weeks then itmost likely can't be data from a previous user.
As for the hardware problems mentioned, this could be a fitbit that already was replaced for beeping bad.

@bbarrera no and yes, i have about a dozen times switched trackers from one account to another, it is as if used, and never seen the steps carry over. I also have found if i remove a tracker from my account without syncing, then add it back to the same account all the instances data is lost, I've seen plenty of posts on the sight that confirms this.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried the left button and bottom right button and got the logo to come up for a hard reset. However My blaze isn't being seen by either of my two phones trying to get it to to sync.

Not even a Bluetooth search can find it from either phone, or via the app.

Is there another way or a Factory Hard  Reset or do I return it for an Apple Smart Watch?

Im into my 4th day trying to get this thing to come alive. Still zip on the doodah 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine will not reset either.  None of the suggested fixes worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit Blaze will not sync with my iphone app. I'll get the code to enter in the app but when my phone tries to connect, it cant. I have a Fitbit with the wrong time on it and I tried the reset already at least 100X's so please don't tell me to hold the left button and lower right button.  Any help would be appreciated, I want to throw this watch away already.

Best Answer

I have taken the app off of my phone, removed the Blaze from my app, reinstalled my app, and now my app will not let me add the Blaze back.  So, my Blaze is a day behind.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same issue! Did you ever find out how to fix this problem? I will like throwing mine against the wall! 

Best Answer

OK, what do we do? First step is to fix the first problem.

Now since this thread is about text messages stored on the Blaze im wondering what lkind of problems people are having? @tacanton2002, @LoriCooksey.

@GonzoRN, see the post here, for syc help.

I'm still trying to understand why people feel that telling Fitbit that they do not wamt to use the tracker will make it work? Removing the Blaze from the app does exactly this.

So we have to set the tracker up as a brand new device, probably loosing any unsync data, but first the problem needs to be fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My issue with the Blaze is that I can't change the time after trying everything that has been suggested.  It is stuck on the wrong date and time.  Anyone have any suggestions because I have tried everything with no luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've  seen a lot of posts lately that the tomezone isn't updating correctly. With no mention of what device is being used, its hard to say if this is an ap issue to one type of phone or a general server issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes