Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to factory reset my Blaze?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I received my Blaze today, tried changing clock face option and after sync not able to see clock face at all. Not sure what to do (tried restarting but did not help)!!. Is there an option to factory reset or any other way to see clock face?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey Rich_Laue- Thanks for the reply. I was trying several options and below one helped me:

I closed fitbit app and restarted my mobile, then opened the app and tried sync option. Now I can see clock face 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45
My thoughts would be to set the clock back to what it was amd do another sync.
Haven't seen seen anything about a factory reset.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Rich_Laue- Thanks for the reply. I was trying several options and below one helped me:

I closed fitbit app and restarted my mobile, then opened the app and tried sync option. Now I can see clock face 🙂

Best Answer

@rakesh, Thank you for replying with your fix, I'm glad it worked, and have  marked your post as a solution. This will make it easier  for someone else that losses their clock face.

Just a note about the '@' sign is that of it is places before a person's name,  they will get an email stating that they have been mentioned. This is called tagging a person. More help on how to get the most out of the Fitbit Forums can be found here

Best Answer
Thanks you again😊😊
Best Answer
0 Votes

Extract from a Fitbit Support Email I received re Fitbit Blaze dated March 6th, 2016:

'To help you solve this issue, we highly recommend that you perform a hard reset on the device. This can be accomplished by holding the Back (left) button and the Select (lower right) button until the tracker resets.'

I hope this is of assistance.

Best Answer

I am trying to factory reset my Blaze. I have held  the Back (left) button and the Select (lower right) button as mentioned but mine want reset.  It tells me I have no new notifications. I have held it for aproximately 30 seconds.  Nothing.......my plans are to return the Blaze.....and I need to clear all my info. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer
@sandibuc see my post abovr, there is no info stored on the Bkaze or any Fitbit tracker once they are synced. Also once you have removed the tracker from your account the tracker is useless until setup.
Best Answer

I would like to reset my Blaze as well. For some reason when I received it in the mail, it already have 2 weeks of activity on it. I would like to start new. Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Once the Blaze is synced to your account, there is no data on the Blaze to reset. Since the Blaze can only view today, I'll have to assume you have synced it.  You will need to reset the Fitbit account, or make a new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I created my account on Sunday. Synced my blaze yesterday. It showed over 4k steps when I synced it to my account. How do I reset my account?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! 🙂 Welcome to the Fitbit Community @sandibuc and @tlsams it's great to have you here! 🙂 @tlsams to delete your account you will need to contact customer support@sandibuc@owensj and @Rich_Laue thanks for your cooperation! Smiley Very Happy @rakesh thanks for sharing the troubleshoot! 🙂 

Hope to see you around more often! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
I've synced the Blaze with the app. Then removed the device. The Blaze is still showing all my steps etc from today
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've synced the Blaze with the app. Then removed the device. The Blaze is still showing all my steps etc from the today option. How do we reset this info ?
I resynced the device hoping it would reset. I deleted the alarm .. There are no notifications . Now I'd like to reset all the options under the today to go to zero.
Do I just wait until tomorrow?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Activitytime Steps and other data will reset to zero at midnight. The only other times it will go down to zero before then is if you pair your tracker to a different account, or if you delete your data for the day.

There's no option to select what time stats reset, but there's a Feature Request for it if that's something you're interested in. Smiley Happy

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer

how do i reset my fitbit blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

A hard restart procedure can be found on the Fitbit help guide, this is not a factory reset which is never needed.

Best Answer

"Never" needed, Rich? How about when you're returning an item and don't want your information on the device?  Deleting the device from your phone does not remove these items.

A factory reset is needed, by many people, it's just not something everyone does.

Best Answer

What information of you is on the Fitbit after you sync, and what kind of access does anyone have to it?

Once synced it would only be today's step cont on the tracker.

The other  data would be height, weight, stride, etc settings, and these are write only, not readable from the tracker. To identafy the trackers user, the tracker will need to be sent to fitbit where the unit can then be identified. Than it can be cross referenced to a user.

Nobody has access to these settings on the tracker, they are write only not readable.

Off course by removing the tracker from the current account, it basically has locked the unit, requiring a complete new device setup, that also will reset all existing setting amd data,  to that of the new account.

What identafying data do you think is on the tracker? and is it really accessible even to you?

Best Answer

Hello @vishnu welcome to the Fitbit Community! 🙂  I noticed @Rich_Laue provide you with the instructions to restart your tracker. Is your tracker working properly now? @Amarand currently there is no factory reset for the Blaze, if you want to delete the information just unlink the tracker from the account and delete all the notifications stored in the tracker. It will not longer be associated with your information.

Thanks for stopping by! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes