Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off notifications at night

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Love the new update and am getting lots of notifications but can we turn them off temporarily at night so we can sleep?
Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11
Yes - swipe down from the top of your Blaze and choose "off" for notifications.
Best Answer

You can also set do not disturb settings on your phone.  I have not received any at night. 

Best Answer

@1DinaB wrote:
Love the new update and am getting lots of notifications but can we turn them off temporarily at night so we can sleep?

So there is not a "do not disturb" feature on the blaze at all, which is really what you are wanting.  Fitbit answered that question for me in another thread as that was my question as well.  My Polar A360 has this feature and it is great.  The last 2 posts are work-arounds, but they are a hastle to deal with, it would be nice if the Blaze had this mode built it.

Best Answer
@racertempo Blaze receives notifications from phone--turning on DND is a great fix. If that's too complicated (iOS let's you schedule that, so you don't have to remember to turn it back on), you can stop notifications right on the blaze. The blaze is a smart fitness tracker, I think people expect it to do what a Pebble or Apple Watch does.
Best Answer
Not sure I'd completely agree that Do Not Disturb is a work around. As the source of the notifications I'd far rather the phone was in control of when they were sent or not and it seems to do the trick.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@DibaSr wrote:
@racertempo Blaze receives notifications from phone--turning on DND is a great fix. If that's too complicated (iOS let's you schedule that, so you don't have to remember to turn it back on), you can stop notifications right on the blaze. The blaze is a smart fitness tracker, I think people expect it to do what a Pebble or Apple Watch does.

I don't have an iOS so that is no help, I guess stopping all notifications on the Blaze itself if a work around, but having to remember toi do that every night is a pain.

As for it being a fitness tracker, I agree, but my Polar A360 has a "do not disturb" setting for all notifications, and it certinly not a watch.  I can live with it and have just decided to turn off all notifications that are not texts on my Blaze since I do get them with the Polar, but I was responding to the original poster who was basically looking for the same thing I was, a setting to tell you Blaze to go silent from x to y.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, this is what I was wanting to know. My son's Garmin has the feature where you set the time up in the app that you do not want notifications after. I would think that Fitbit could do that too. It is a pain to have to remember to turn them on and off manually.

Best Answer

How do you set this automatically in IOS?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Go to settings, do not disturb. There is an option to set a schedule within that screen.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@racertempo the. B droid has DND so yes she it and it works. 

Best Answer

Simple - Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes