Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't setup my Blaze (Pixel 2)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got a new Pixel 2 (replacing a different Pixel 2, long story) but my Blaze won't pair with it. It keeps saying "Pairing rejected by Blaze" ... Please help!

I had my old phone forget the Blaze obviously and even deleted the app from that phone because I couldn't figure out what was going on.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Solved it! hahaha!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, how did you solve it? I'm having the exact same issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a Samsung Gear Fit2 and returned the Blaze, that's how I solved it.... This is a known issue that Fitbit doesn't seem to care about, despite the fact that the Pixel 2 was the best selling smartphone of the 2017 holiday season in the US (Maybe, just maybe, that has something to do with their lagging sales. But what do I know, I'm just their target customer). I'm not sure why they are so reluctant to offer support for the Pixel 2, considering the demographic that has the phone, but, whatever, there are a lot of other options out there. If you sense some saltiness in this reply, that's because there is. I like the app interface that Fitbit offers and would prefer to use a Fitbit, but I'm getting more comfortable with my Gear Fit 2 and learning how to incorporate other apps into using it, so that's probably a plus. Anyways, even if you get it to work for a few hours/days it will eventually crap out on you and you'll stop receiving notifications. Don't let it frustrate you, look at the other fish in the sea. Fitbit can be great, but there is a tone deafness within the company that is perplexing and the Pixel 2 seems to be one of those issues.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @TravisJames and @ChrisL45.

Thanks for troubleshooting this issue by yourselves and @TravisJames I am sorry to hear that you don't have the Blaze anymore but if you need further assistance in the future, do not hesitate to post it.

Now @ChrisL45, I would like to know if you keep having issues setting up your tracker? If you do, I recommend restarting it and make sure you are following the instructions provided in the How do I set up my Fitbit device? article.

Hope to hear from you soon. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I guess I'll have to look at the other fish too. I'm a first generation Fitbit user, but now does it not only not keep proper mileage like it used to, but now it doesn't pair with my new Pixel 2.  Thanks for the long relationship Fitbit! 💖

Best Answer

I solved it too. Gave my Blaze to my 10-year old nephew and bought a gear fit. I'm bummed that I no longer have a Fitbit, but if they won't change then I must.

Best Answer
0 Votes