Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't want to receive whatsapp groups notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello Fitbit Friends,

I have a Fitbit Blaze and a Fitbit Surge. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S6. I'm running the latest Firmware on both the watches and the Cell as well as the latest Whatsapp version.

My question:

I have like 7 Whatsapp Groups and getting notifications on my watch for each chat makes my wrist vibration non-stop. Is there any setting combination on the watch and cell phone that i can do to only receive notifications on my watch when it is a direct whatsapp message and not a group message?

Thanks for the support

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4
Fitbit will only send notifications of what is has received, my thought would be to look into the WhatsApp settings to see what options you have for notifications
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @Luchin23. There isn't an option where you can stop receiving this type of notifications. What I recommend is to turn off the whatsapp notifications by doing the following from your Android Fitbit app:

1. Tap Blaze
2. Tap Calls/Texts Notifications
3. Tap Texts Notifications
4. Slide the option to turn it off
5. Sync

Happy stepping! Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

My Whatsapp is set to not notify for group chats. The individual Whatsapp messages do have notifications set on my phone.

However on the Blaze I get notfied of all Whatsapp messages regardless of the type or the Whatsapp settings.

I hate that it is an all or nothing setting. Anyone have a solution to this? I have only had the Blaze for a day and so far I'm not sure if it is worth it.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @myt. Keep in mind that you need to set your Blaze notifications directly from the Fitbit app. If you have "mute" a group in whatsapp, that doesn't mean that your tracker won't buzz every time a person in that group writes you. I recommend sharing this suggestion on our Ideas Boardwhich our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want. Please take a moment to visit and give us your feedback. 

Happy stepping! Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes