Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I receive notifications when I unchecked that option

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I chose to have 3 app notifications going to my Blaze. I have not decided to change it to just to. I went in thru the Fitbit app on my phone adjust which apps I wanted to deselect. I unchecked 2.  I synced the Fitbit.  I then did a test to see if I would receive a notification on my Blaze and I did not.  A few hours later I started to receive them again.  I check the app on my phone and low and behold, the apps that I unchecked are check again, and not by my doing.  It seems to not save the changed at all. I have forced closed the app, cleared the cache, shut down my Blaze and nothing seems to make the changes stay.  Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Be happy you're getting notifications at all. After the ios 11 update I no longer get any notifications other than calls. I have already done the following none of which worked for me but maybe one will work for you.

Check settings

Restart the Blaze

Restart the Phone

Disconnect/reconnect bluetooth then restart the Blaze and restart the Phone

Remove/Reinstall the Blaze, checked settings,  then restart the Blaze and restart the Phone

Remove/Reinstall the Fitbit App, checked settings, then restart the Blaze and restart the Phone

Best Answer

It's great to see you around @Scalegoddess876 and @bj2burch, thanks for troubleshooting this by yourselves. 

Can you please tell me which phones you have? In the meantime, please check that they are compatible by checking our list of compatible mobile devices and follow the instructions provided in the following links:

Also, I recommend checking if the Fitbit app is update:

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the same phone I’ve had since I got my Fitbit Blaze a year and a 1/2 ago the iPhone SE so yes it’s compatable. This is 100% due to the update to ios11. Everything worked until my phone did the update. I contacted Fitbit and apparently this has been a known issue with ios11. They had issues with the people on beta not getting notifications. Just disappointed that months later they do the full blown release and Fitbit still doesn’t have it fixed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Samsung S7 Active with both the FitBIt app and my phones' software up to date.  My issue is not that I am not receiving notification, but rather I have selected to NOT receive notification from 2 apps ( FB Messenger & Amazon) any longer but continue to receive them even when I have unchecked the boxes. I can go into the Fit Bit app, deselect the apps under notifications, back out and then receive notifications throughout the day from those apps.  I will then go back into the Fit Bit app and BOTH the boxes are check again, not by my doing.  It is as if the changes are not being saved.   I have most recently uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I am hoping that will do the trick. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlejandraFitbit

I got this on 9/26 and still nothing... no email either. Now there is another iOS update to 11.1....still no updates to fitbit Smiley Sad

Thanks for searching for answers in the Fitbit Community.

Community: Notifications (#21423721)

To better assist with your recent concern, our Customer Support team will reach out to you by email. We appreciate your patience while your ticket is being processed and hope to have you back on track as soon as possible!

Sincerely,
Team Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes