Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you shut down, how do you turn back on?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I am traveling and forgot my charger. To conserve energy, I wanted to shut it down. However, I found in the manual how to shut it off, but NO where does it provide direction on how to turn it on again. Please help! Thank you!
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Press any button to turn on.

If you don't want to lose those setup and still conserve, turn off all day sync and the always connected options on the app. Also turn off the heart rate, Bluetooth Claasic, and maybe quick view, these can be done on the Blaze.

WARNING

I  believe it needs to be on at midnight so it can reset the daily step count, otherwise yesterdays steps will carry over.

Like all Fitbits the Blaze will remember up to 7 days of detail step count, and another 30 days of total steps, no need to sync more than once every few days.

Have a good trip,

Spoiler
Feed_40ca7a_2726979.jpg
Sorry I just had to add a meme 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

If you don't want to lose those setup and still conserve, turn off all day sync and the always connected options on the app. Also turn off the heart rate, Bluetooth Claasic, and maybe quick view, these can be done on the Blaze.

WARNING

I  believe it needs to be on at midnight so it can reset the daily step count, otherwise yesterdays steps will carry over.

Like all Fitbits the Blaze will remember up to 7 days of detail step count, and another 30 days of total steps, no need to sync more than once every few days.

Have a good trip,

Spoiler
Feed_40ca7a_2726979.jpg

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue wrote:

WARNING

Have a good trip,

Spoiler
Feed_40ca7a_2726979.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I already shut my fibit blaze. Then when I want to turn it on, I tried several time the button cant to swict on. The heart rate beeping (green light are beeping) but the didnt display it on screen. Please help me ASAP! Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
How to switch on?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@kmmbasheer see my post above, it is the one bordered by gree

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't get mine to turn back on at all. I've pushed all the buttons,  tapped the screen, put it in charger and still it won't turn back on.  Help please!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Normally pressing any button, or placing the unit in its powered up charger will turn it on.

By any chance could the battery be dead, and it needs charging?

Also have you tried pressing a button while it is outside of its frame?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I've tried all that and nothing. I'm baffled 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Then i suggest @Fitnessbabejasm to contact Fitbit. Contact info may be found in the top right of the page, click on your photo, or in the app under help.

Contact.fitbit.com 

Best Answer

My brand new one just did the same! I started to panic a bit looked online. Nothing seemed to be working- I held all three buttons for about 10 sec and it seemed to reset

Best Answer

Pressing the three buttons at the same time for 10 sec worked great. No data, neither settings loss.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @RossFit01 and @Jaxhooks.

Thanks for sharing the steps you did in order to turn on your Blaze, I know that people will find this helpful. If you need anything else, do not hesitate in posting it.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Holding all three buttons for 5-10 seconds worked for me too. Phew!

Best Answer

New out of the box. Held all 3 buttons for 10 secs but didn't work, any other suggestions

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe the setup process says to hold in the left button for 3 seconds.

To restart the left and lower right buttons are held in for 12 seconds.

It will also turn on when placed in its charger cable then plugging it into a powered usb.

Then you will want to go to the page listed on the tracker www.fitbit.com/setup through the device tgat your going to use to set the tracker up with. This page will direct you to the proper software. Download,  run and follow the steps. It should take at the most 10 minutes with a good internet connection. 

The app will give the option to create an account or log into your account. Choose i already have a Fitbit account, then log in.

If you have an Android phone, and using wifi, and the update fails, turn wifi off and use cellular data.

Let us know what happens.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Rich for the advice but still nothing. Works fine in cradle only.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You say that it is a new tracker, how long has it been charging?

Have you tried to set it up? I usually set it up while it is charging. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, it's the Blaze. I did manage to set it up and sync to my iPhone 7plus while it was charging in the cradle. Downloaded update and battery showed full, so I removed it from the cradle to try it on and it does nothing at all. Currently charging at the moment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! I have the same problem as john. What else to do? Did you get your problem solved?

Best Answer
0 Votes