Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccuracy of floors

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Says I did over 100 floors I didn't even do 25 that day

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the forums @Buffalo618

In case you missed it at the top of the page, from Fitbit:

"We’re aware that some badges have been awarded incorrectly. Thanks for your patience while we work to fix this. Read more"

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @Buffalo618 and @Odyssey13 thanks for stopping by and for the information. Woman Happy Your tracker may give you credit for extra floors for a variety of reasons. Occasionally your tracker may detect pressure changes unrelated to elevation gains, such as a gust of wind, weather change, or opening a door. Exposure to excess moisture can also result in extra floors being counted. This happens if the pathway to the altimeter on the back of your tracker becomes temporarily blocked with sweat or water. I recommend restarting your Blaze and test it during the day.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

When I take my Blaze out of the bezel (because I work on machines - don't want it to get scratched) and put it in my pocket, it counts floors at an alarming rate. Now I suspect that it is not counting steps correctly. What's up with that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello and welcome to the forums @kawarthacottage

I have the Blaze and on very windy days, like today, it registers flights of stairs that were never taken. The other month, it gave me eight flights and once the wind died down, it adjusted itself and removed them.

Are you seeing more flights of stairs recorded when it's in your pocket?

Best Answer

Yes, yesterday when I put my Blaze in my pocket I was given 38 bonus floors (I did not climb any stairs during that time). I don't believe it is taking an accurate record of steps and heart rate either. I guess that is to be expected since it's not on my wrist but the floors thing makes no sense - there is no difference in atmospheric pressure or altitude. Maybe I don't fully understand how FITBIT calculates floors.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kawarthacottagedid you see the post above from moderator @AlejandraFitbit on restarting your Fitbit? Give that a try.

Best Answer
0 Votes