Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate Step Count

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Loving my new Blaze but realize the step tracker is completely inaccurate. Such a significant feature not working will turn many people off. So disappointing! I've noticed carpet walking can affect the count but hard surfaces too. Stair climbs are also inaccurate. Please advise when we can expect this resolved. 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Community @MFDL. If you are seeing that your tracker is not being accurate, I recommend Restarting your Blaze. After the restart process you can test your tracker and if you see that it stills inaccurate, feel free to contact our Support Team, for a faster response you can contact them via phone or chat.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't believe fitbit see it as an issue to be resolved so I wouldn't hold any expectations for an early "fix".

By their very nature wrist-worn trackers will not be completely accurate. This help article explains why and what you can do to minimise it:

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1136/

Of course if your tracker is extremely inaccurate then there may be an issue with it to be addressed. To help judge how far out it is could you perhaps do a test where you count out, for example, 200 steps and see what your Blaze counted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there, having read pervious posts with the same issue I had already restarted my Blaze & reached out to Customer Service. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I am having the same issues. I just upgraded from the fitbit HR to the blaze. My steps are recording highly inaccurate.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @ST78 and @MFDL I hope you receive a fast response from support. @ST78 I recommend checking the tips provided and if they don't work, feel free to contact our Support Team, since they are the ones with the proper tools to see the information that your tracker is registering. You can contact them via phone or chat.

Keep the stepping up! Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've noticed the extreme inaccuracy with my Blaze compared to the charge hr. All of the suggested fixes have been tried with no resolve. Seems to be a common problem. I guess I just can't hold my purse up, shopping cart, or anything else to get accurate steps, oh and I need to stomp around more, walk like a Clydesdale instead of a lady.
Best Answer
0 Votes